Got questions about headphones and audio in general.

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Yo

Im looking for a really solid pair of in ear headphones. I did buy some Sony ones for about £12 but i lost them and they were nice, was good to hear bass for ones and for earphones to stay in my ears (sorta!) but still like treble sounds hurts my ears if its on too loud...which leads me onto my question, why is it on mp3 players if you turn the song up loud like the high end stuff of the songs just cain your ears, is this just the kbps mp3 quality or is it to do with the player itself?

I did try putting the bass booster equalizer but still i don't know if messing with the equalizer will do anything. My mp3 player is my phone i.e Nokia 5800 xpress music.

Really would like a good pair of headphones that will let me listen to full volume etc so if anyone has any recommendations then let me know :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cl263197cl263197 Posts: 38
    Try any Bose headphones. They are superior to any i've ever owned. The cheapest pair will run you 100 Canadian.
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Sony MDR series studio monitor headphones.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Brisk, check this thread. I got some good advice and just bought some Bose in ear headphones last week. So far I really like them. Huge step up from the stock ipod headphones.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=120628
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    is this like the thread where you asked for advice about an acoustic guitar for a beginner and then never ever came back to the thread to thank people for their advice?

:thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    dunkman wrote:
    is this like the thread where you asked for advice about an acoustic guitar for a beginner and then never ever came back to the thread to thank people for their advice?

Yeah was a nice favour but seriously, its only an internet message board.

Those Bose headphones are quite out my range, was looking to spend maybe $40 max or a lil bit more if it was worth it.

We got anyone who works with sound to tell us why those treble sounds on high volume hurt your ears? like why the audio just disintegrates?
    Brisk. wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

i know. the least you could do when you start a thread that people put some effort into answering your questions is to come back to it and say 'thanks'...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

i know. the least you could do when you start a thread that people put some effort into answering your questions is to come back to it and say 'thanks'...

ok thanks for the heads up.

what about all the times people make serious threads and you put sarcastic posts and in some eyes rude replies?
    Brisk. wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

ok thanks for the heads up.

what about all the times people make serious threads and you put sarcastic posts and in some eyes rude replies?

i don't know... i never do that so i wouldn't know. I only post on the Porch about Ed's new eyebrows and stuff like that. I'm just saying that people might not want to spend too long answering your thread if your guitar advice thread is anything to go by.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    ummm. anyways.

i'd say hold on buying any until you can afford the bose noise reducing ones. it's worth the wait.

there are sony wrap arounds for 17 bucks that can hold you over for awhile. they rock
    jones wrote:
    ummm. anyways.

i'd say hold on buying any until you can afford the bose noise reducing ones. it's worth the wait.

there are sony wrap arounds for 17 bucks that can hold you over for awhile. they rock

cool well yeah i may buy a temporary pair until i get a job in the few months

cheeers!