how many shows did Mike and Mad Season play

mawfordinksmawfordinks Posts: 65
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Mad Season... the memories of the greatest supergroup that ever were. I know they were only around for six months but just wondering if anyone knows how many shows they played. I think it was just six. And only in Seattle. Did anyone on here go to the shows? If so please PM me and share the love- thanx.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Mad Season... the memories of the greatest supergroup that ever were. I know they were only around for six months but just wondering if anyone knows how many shows they played. I think it was just six. And only in Seattle. Did anyone on here go to the shows? If so please PM me and share the love- thanx.

from http://www.bacus.net/MS/MSlive.html:

10/12/94 Seattle, WA Crocodile Cafe
    11/06/94 Seattle, WA Crocodile Cafe
    11/20/94 Seattle, WA Crocodile Cafe
    12/31/94 Seattle, WA RKCNDY
    01/08/95 Seattle, WA Eddie Vedder's house
    04/22/95 Seattle, WA Moore Theatre (rehearsal)
    04/22/95 Seattle, WA Crocodile Cafe
    04/29/95 Seattle, WA Moore Theatre

Each one of them is available either in AUD/SBD recording. 1994-10-12 is perhaps the greatest, there's a bootleg called "Season Of Myst" of that show and you can find it on ebay every once in a while (at least I did). The audience recording of that particular show is excellent.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429

That & rehearsals have been floating around in .mpg quite some time now. Should be easily found.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Listened to November Hotel late last night. That instrumental is just SICK! 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • I have been slacking, community. I told a member a while back that I had ALL of their shows on cd that I bought on eBay quite some time ago. I will upload them to rapidshare or something tonight and I'll post the link. I promise.

I've got that VHS. I watch it often. I think I should transfer it to DVD soon. Is it hard to find or something?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • quick fun fact: "A promotional version of Above has a bonus track entitled "Interlude", which follows "Artificial Red". Mad Season's cover of the John Lennon song "I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier" was also recorded around this time. "I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier" appeared on the 1995 John Lennon tribute album, Working Class Hero."

I can also upload Interlude. Maybe Soldier, but I don't know if it's commerically available or not. I'll have to check on that. Who knows, maybe it's on gremmie.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    I've got that VHS. I watch it often. I think I should transfer it to DVD soon. Is it hard to find or something?

Nah, you just need to know the right connection! ;)
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    demetrios wrote:

Nah, you just need to know the right connection! ;)
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles

• I used to have this VHS tape, not anymore :cry:
  • mookyb69mookyb69 Posts: 95
    I have that vhs. I have some of those shows as well... i also do have an old bootleg that had soldier on it, and some stuff with layne and Ann Wilson of Heart ( Rng Those Bells, etc.) some great stuff, I love the tracks where Mark Lanegan and Layne share vocals... awesome stuff...
  • I have VHS as well and went to one of those shows, I just don't remember which one. Nor do I have a reel to reel player any more!

Back in the days I was a bike messenger in Seattle and we'd hear rumors all day long about surprise shows, etc. One day there was a rumor that PJ would be playing a surprise show at the Crocodile so I went and got in line with a buddy. Turns out it was Mad Season. At first we were a little dissapointed but as soon as those bad ass blues riffs starting turning out we were seriously pumped. It was a dope ass show and Layne was actually in decent form.