EV lighter

PASSION76PASSION76 Posts: 136
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I got my Eddie Vedder lighter about 2 months ago. I use it all the time it's the only lighter i use. Today i notice the V on the front starting to peel off :( . Just curious to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen to their lighter.
If both the E & V peel off i'm just going to ingrave the letters on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    Well that really sux !!! Was thinking id get one,but not sure now :? Which one did you get,so i dont get the same if faulty???
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • PASSION76PASSION76 Posts: 136
    I got the silver one with the EV and the big v with stars in it and on the back is a circle and ev(or 23) in the middle. I think i might get another one and not use it and keep it in my collection of PJ stuff.
    I did email 10c, i'll let you know if i get a response. :D
  • RuebRueb Posts: 63
    PASSION76 wrote:
    I got my Eddie Vedder lighter about 2 months ago. I use it all the time it's the only lighter i use. Today i notice the V on the front starting to peel off :( . Just curious to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen to their lighter.
    If both the E & V peel off i'm just going to ingrave the letters on.

Yeah, I have almost the same thing, but in my case it's the 'Eddie posing-logo' on the back. Too bad.
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    Thanks.....il wait to hear ;)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Hi,
    here's the Zippo guarantee:

http://www.zippo.com/repairs/zippoGuarantee.aspx?bhcp=1

The World Famous Zippo Guarantee

Zippo Windproof Pocket Lighter
    Any Zippo pocket lighter, when returned to our factory, will be put in first-class mechanical condition free of charge, for we have yet to charge a cent for the repair of a Zippo pocket lighter, regardless of age or condition. The finish, however, is not guaranteed.

This guarantee gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary state to state or country to country. Other Zippo products carry their own specific warranties. To obtain service under this warranty, follow the shipping instructions in the FAQs.

Zippo Multi-Purpose Lighter
    Any Zippo Multi-Purpose Lighter returned to our factory for warranty repair will be repaired free of charge or replaced, at our discretion. There is a $5.00 shipping and handling Fee. Damage to the Multi-Purpose Lighter resulting from abuse or misuse is not covered by our warranty. The finish is also not warranted.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary state to state. Other Zippo products carry their own specific warranties. To obtain service under this warranty, follow the shipping instructions in the FAQ MPL section.

slh
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Santos is the man.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Thanks Santos,

I was reading the info sheet that came with the lighter and it says down the bottom that 'the finish, however is not guararnteed'.
    I just assumed that included what was on the outside of the lighter.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Yeah, doesn't sound like they will replace it if the lettering is coming off.., if the lighter itself breaks you would get a replacement, but even so, I doubt they have Eddie Vedder lighters on hand.

On another note, I can finally wear my Backspacer hoodie, which was 50X too big for me. Good ole cotton, you gotta love the shrinking capabilities of cotton, one wash and it shrunk from a XXL to a medium. I only wish I got the 20% discount they promised, but hey I got fucked over, it happens.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,954
    PASSION76 wrote:

It was never meant to be used!!! :shock: ;):lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    One thing I noticed.. When I met Ed outside of the Montreal show, he lit a cigarette using a white EV lighter!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    imalive wrote:
    PASSION76 wrote:

It was never meant to be used!!! :shock: ;):lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't going to but i couldn't resist. I'm just going to ingrave the EV on it and buy a new one for my PJ collection.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,954
    PASSION76 wrote:

I wasn't going to but i couldn't resist. I'm just going to ingrave the EV on it and buy a new one for my PJ collection.

That was their plan, all along!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    PASSION76 wrote:

That was their plan, all along!

:lol::lol::lol: ....oh so true!!