What if?Eddie Vedder Guest Starred on American Idol?

edited March 2010 in The Porch
Not as a judge, but as a coach by the piano listening to them and giving suggestions.The contestants could pick songs(depending on contractual obligations) from the vast library of Pearl Jam and or Vedder songs and then sing them on that same show. ;)
1992:Miami
2008:WPB
2008:MSG#1
2008:EV Solo DC#1
2009:EV Solo Atl#1
2009:EV Solo Atl#2
2009:Spectrum#4
Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    It's anyone's gess.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • It's anyone's gess.

haha nice...

i usually hate when people make fun of people on this board for spelling errors or simple type-o's but for some reason this tickled me...

anyway to answer the original post...i HIGHLY doubt that will happen, but if there was any form of ed guest starring on that horse shit of a show, i would rather it be him doing that coaching stuff you were talking about
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I wouldn't see it since I've never seen an episode of that show ever
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    During his solo show in L.A., Pearl Jam's loquacious frontman mused on a newspaper article explaining how 240,000 people misdialed when trying to vote for a contestant.

"It just makes me think people who watch 'American Idol' are idiots." --Eddie Vedder

so i'd say it's a 'no' on ed ever doing american idol
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    norm wrote:
    During his solo show in L.A., Pearl Jam's loquacious frontman mused on a newspaper article explaining how 240,000 people misdialed when trying to vote for a contestant.

"It just makes me think people who watch 'American Idol' are idiots." --Eddie Vedder

They sure are! Also people who watch the series Lost! :lol:
  • What if Scientologists are right?
  • I would start drinking the purple Kool-Aid
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    c-l-i-m-e-d
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    no way, he doesn't seem to possess the teaching skill in singing to me, listen to how often his voice cracks or is out of tune? last guy you need coaching up pop tarts

I saw that one guy sing Jeremy and I never want to see anything involving pearl jam on that show again
  • c-l-i-m-e-d

Hehe. :D
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • If this were to happen, I would loose a ton of respect for him but, yeah I would watch! :D
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • What if Scientologists are right?

that xenu, head of the galactic federation, 75,000,000 million years ago, transported people to earth and blew them up in volcanoes?

i guess anything is possible.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I'd cancel my 10c membership.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I'd say half of the sheep would would cry sellout, swear off Pearl Jam forever then come back in a few weeks

The other half would instantly become fans of American Idol
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'd love it, it would be cool and I could hear some EV or PJ songs in the competition. Ed would be be so sweet to them and I'd love to get his take on how the contestants can improve.
    I like Idol. I like watching people perform even if its not star worthy perfection.
  • I wouldn't see it since I've never seen an episode of that show ever
    You know you would watch it. If it was good you could say what you hated about it and if it was horrible, Well... think of the possibilities.WinWin ;)
    1992:Miami
    2008:WPB
    2008:MSG#1
    2008:EV Solo DC#1
    2009:EV Solo Atl#1
    2009:EV Solo Atl#2
    2009:Spectrum#4
    Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me.
  • That would be terrible! American Idol is shit music!
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    What if? Eddie Vedder Gest Starred on American Idol?

I would vomit.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'd say half of the sheep would would cry sellout, swear off Pearl Jam forever then come back in a few weeks

The other half would instantly become fans of American Idol

and what would you do ?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    i think you should be able to edit the title of your thread if you have used incorrect spelling
  • i think you should be able to edit the title of your thread if you have used incorrect spelling

maybe he/she meant jest starred. like starred in jest? that would work for me.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    I would kcufing puke and lose any respect I still have for him......
  • AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 140
    Stone would take him out to breakfast to tell him that he was kicked out of the band.

Then the rest of the band would then star in Rock Star Pearl Jam in the hunt for a new lead singer.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    AmyMoore wrote:
    Stone would take him out to breakfast to tell him that he was kicked out of the band.

Then the rest of the band would then star in Rock Star Pearl Jam in the hunt for a new lead singer.
    which they could NEVER replace :mrgreen:
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Not as a judge, but as a coach by the piano listening to them and giving suggestions.The contestants could pick songs(depending on contractual obligations) from the vast library of Pearl Jam and or Vedder songs and then sing them on that same show. ;)
    Go & write on a blackboard 1000 times "I will never mention Pearl Jam & Idol on the message boards ever again" Maybe we can The Simpsons to put this on their intro.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I wouldn't see it since I've never seen an episode of that show ever

ditto
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    the wolf wrote:
    What if? Eddie Vedder Gest Starred on American Idol?

I would vomit.

Me too!
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    demetrios wrote:
    norm wrote:

They sure are! Also people who watch the series Lost! :lol:

BBBOOOOO! My eleven year old daughter watches Idol & she is way more intelligent than the average adult. (Her & I are laughing our asses off right now :lol: ...Silly thread)
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    I'm such a thread killer. :lol::lol: Mad & I think this topic is so super funny. Please feel free to continue to rant! It's interesting & commical at the same time reading what people have to say about their thoughts'. ;)
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire