Backspacer is just fresh to death!

UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
edited March 2010 in The Porch
No other way to say it..............

11 songs that I have playing since last September, and I still get excited everytime they kick in. Love the optimistic energy of this album, it really has a refreshing vibe to it and I have not grown tired of it.

I loved Got Some when I first heard it on Conan.

Loved loved loved the Fixer when it was released.

Over the past five months or so Amongst the Waves has truly become one of my favorites.

Backspacer is dope.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    most of us wont realize how good Pearl Jam is until they are long gone. thats the amazing thing.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • the end is beautiful... and force of nature...what about speed of sound...no wait i think supersonic is my favorite...nah jhonny guitar...ammm no no...just breathe...damn is such an amazing album :P
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Yep. :D

As I said to a friend, even if i'm a huge fan of the first three LP's, I really like Backspacer. At least, even six months later, I still listen to it (which wasn't the case for Avocado: I stopped listening to it two weeks after having bought it).
  • rico12vrico12v Posts: 23
    Hub. wrote:
    Yep. :D

As I said to a friend, even if i'm a huge fan of the first three LP's, I really like Backspacer. At least, even six months later, I still listen to it (which wasn't the case for Avocado: I stopped listening to it two weeks after having bought it).
    i did too, and two years later picked it up, and it REALLY grew on me....dont give up...haha!

and yea, I'm still coo coo for ca ca too! (Backspacer is dope!)
    Hey, it's RicoTokyo....Can't figure out how to log into my old account (I was robbed and had to buy a new laptop), so I'm using my daughters account (she's six months old, she wont mind...)It's nice to be back!
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    rico12v wrote:
    i did too, and two years later picked it up, and it REALLY grew on me....dont give up...haha!

Yeah! But the saddest thing was, when Backspacer was released, I tried to listen to Avocado (to compare) and I couldn't bear hearing an entire song. Each time, after (maybe) a minute, I was selecting the following track. :oops:
  • UpSideDown wrote:

11 songs that I have playing since last September, and I still get excited everytime they kick in. Love the optimistic energy of this album, it really has a refreshing vibe to it and I have not grown tired of it.

Over the past five months or so Amongst the Waves has truly become one of my favorites.

Backspacer is dope.

I just took a 38 minute trip around Stockton, California just to rock out to the whole album again!

I love how itunes keeps track of how many times each song has been played:

Gonna See My Friend - 96
    Got Some - 115
    The Fixer - 138
    Johnny Guitar - 87
    Just Breath - 80
    Amongst the Waves - 81
    Unthought Known - 70
    Supersonic - 51
    Speed of Sound - 48
    Force of Nature - 45
    The End - 45

Statistics are from September 20, 2009 at midnight til March 6, 2010.

Does anyone else listen to this record this much? I don't mean having it as background music either haha! Breaking it down, I've spent nearly 7 hours with "The Fixer"!
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Amazing album of optimism and hope.. I hope they release a follow up soon. They're on a roll.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    UpSideDown wrote:

Backspacer is dope.

I just took a 38 minute trip around Stockton, California just to rock out to the whole album again!

I love how itunes keeps track of how many times each song has been played:

Gonna See My Friend - 96
    Got Some - 115
    The Fixer - 138
    Johnny Guitar - 87
    Just Breath - 80
    Amongst the Waves - 81
    Unthought Known - 70
    Supersonic - 51
    Speed of Sound - 48
    Force of Nature - 45
    The End - 45

Statistics are from September 20, 2009 at midnight til March 6, 2010.

Does anyone else listen to this record this much? I don't mean having it as background music either haha! Breaking it down, I've spent nearly 7 hours with "The Fixer"!

Here are my stats on Backspacer to date:

Gonna See My Friend - 88
    Got Some - 87
    The Fixer - 84
    Johnny Guitar - 96
    Just Breath - 88
    Amongst the Waves - 117
    Unthought Known - 110
    Supersonic - 99
    Speed of Sound - 87
    Force of Nature - 75
    The End - 62

Cool post, looks like I'm right there with ya! I definitely would love to see everyone's Backspacer listening stats!

Peace...

RM