Faithful

elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
edited March 2010 in The Porch
We're faithful....we all believe,.....WE'RE FAITHFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ALL BELIEVE........WE ALL...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • M.Y.T.H is belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear, we never listen voice inside so drowned out drowned you are, you are, you are everything and everything is you... me you, you me is all related..what's a boy to do?, just be darlin and i will be too faithful...to you

so damn good!!! :D
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • It echoes....nobody hears echoes, it goes, it goes...
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    M.Y.T.H is belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear, we never listen voice inside so drowned out drowned you are, you are, you are everything and everything is you... me you, you me is all related..what's a boy to do?, just be darlin and i will be too faithful...to you

everything? or a furry thing? it says furry in the liner notes... but is that just a joke? i always liked that line the most out of that song and used to sing it to my dog...
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    I think it's just a joke because of the 'everything is you' bit after. I generally alternate between which version I sing though :D
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    It echoes....nobody hears echoes, it goes, it goes...

I allways thought it was "Like echoes, nobody hears it goes, it goes, it goes :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    i love you all top of the range 8-)
  • jester59388jester59388 Posts: 150
    I NEVER get enough of this song. They could play it at every show and I wouldn't get tired of it. One of the true gems (and rhinestones?) on Yield (along with GTF and In Hiding) and in the PJ catalogue in general.
    a fool not a fucking god ....
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    :thumbup:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    I always thought it was "Like echoes, nobody hears it goes, it goes, it goes.

+1
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    doompony wrote:
    M.Y.T.H is belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear, we never listen voice inside so drowned out drowned you are, you are, you are everything and everything is you... me you, you me is all related..what's a boy to do?, just be darlin and i will be too faithful...to you

everything? or a furry thing? it says furry in the liner notes... but is that just a joke? i always liked that line the most out of that song and used to sing it to my dog...
    furry thing for sure. a reference to the ape character in Ishmael, the book that inspired the lyrics to this song.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Whatever the notion we laced in our prayers, the Man upstairs is used to all this noise
    Best line ever in any PJ song.
  • SpiderbabySpiderbaby Posts: 121
    This is a great song.....I am so disappointed that I have not gotten to see it live .... YET!!!
    U...You Are...Who You Are
  • Gmoney wrote:
    doompony wrote:

furry thing for sure. a reference to the ape character in Ishmael, the book that inspired the lyrics to this song.

oops... i always thought that it was "everything"...but anyway great song :lol:
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    WE'RE FAITHFUL....
    Dysfunctional, but certainly faithful :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    Wait a minute everybody... I believe the lyrics are, "we're faithfull."

That is faithfull with *TWO "L's"*

Faith-full and faithful are so similar in spelling but so different in meaning. "We all believe, we all believe" is sarcastic, no?
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    It's rare to come upon a bridge that has not been around or been stepped on...

How i love this song!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Isaac wrote:
    Wait a minute everybody... I believe the lyrics are, "we're faithfull."

That is faithfull with *TWO "L's"*

Faith-full and faithful are so similar in spelling but so different in meaning. "We all believe, we all believe" is sarcastic, no?

I was just about to post the same thing!

I remember reading a show review that said something along the lines that they had played their 'celebration of religion' song and I was thinking...erm...it's the exact opposite actually. ;)
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready