mike + stone = yield

fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
edited March 2010 in The Porch
in my humble, but always right, opinion, mike and stone are at their best on yield. in hiding is stone's masterpiece and given to fly is mike's. faithful is another great one. the two of them compliment each other so well when they play it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Viva Yield!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • lemme go into teenage girl mode...

ehem

LIKE OMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!

ehem sorry bout that...but yes you are 100% absolutely right, In Hiding is easily my favorite song on Yield with ATY a close second (but of course it always changes) THE greatest album on earth. any PJ album, any 90's album and any band from any decade...BEST ALBUM EVER!
  • I love this topic. Carry on. BTW I love No Way. Fucking amazing.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    lemme go into teenage girl mode...

ehem

LIKE OMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!

ehem sorry bout that...but yes you are 100% absolutely right, In Hiding is easily my favorite song on Yield with ATY a close second (but of course it always changes) THE greatest album on earth. any PJ album, any 90's album and any band from any decade...BEST ALBUM EVER!

haha i will agree that it is the best pearl jam album... no question... but the best album ever? i think john lennon, brian wilson, or bob dylan might have something to say about that lol
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    yield is and most likely my favorite album of all time. it is fucking perfect and thinking about it right now makes me want to cry. i am slightly inebriated....but still.

pearl jam is great, but they will never be that great again. 98 was their best year....i wish i could've seen a show then...i started in 2000.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    the two of them compliment each other so well when they play it.[/quote]

This is why i love binauarl, same reasons diffrent album, just the whole fuckin band rocks
  • No Code and Yield are the ones for me. I listened to them an awful lot when they first came out. Since 1999 it hasn't been the same but I do enjoy Matt's contributions very much.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    oh yes
    danny d
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Stone and Mike on their own are quite good, but together they are perfect. Much like Slash and Izzy Stradlin, or Joe Perry and Brad Whitford.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    This will def turn into who the best drummer for PJ is or was or should be :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    faithful is perfect..so yea. yield man
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    This will def turn into who the best drummer for PJ is or was or should be :lol::lol:

....jack