Dr. Suess Presents: Deep 6

evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Okay, maybe Dr. Suess didn't write this issue of Deep, but she prefers reading this over Cat In The Hat anyways...

DSCN0117.jpg

...and she sings along to Backspacer word for word (well, actually mumble for mumble) :D

I am a very proud Dada!
It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    Im only 26 so there is not an immediate rush for me to settledown, but for the love of god I hope when I do my kid like PJ. I think I would cry tears of joy if I heard my child mumble Supersonic!!
  • MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    just about since my oldest son was born my husband has been forcing the beatles on him and for awhile they would gang up on me about pearl jam. well he's 16 now and has 'seen the light!' Halleluhah! I even took him to see Eddie on his solo tour this past summer and i took him to the final spectrum show. it's just really awesome and cool for me to finally be able to share this with him! Now hopefully my other 2 sons will follow in his footsteps! it is really neat to share my love for this band with my son.
  • very cool!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    MD97728 wrote:
    just about since my oldest son was born my husband has been forcing the beatles on him and for awhile they would gang up on me about pearl jam. well he's 16 now and has 'seen the light!' Halleluhah! I even took him to see Eddie on his solo tour this past summer and i took him to the final spectrum show. it's just really awesome and cool for me to finally be able to share this with him! Now hopefully my other 2 sons will follow in his footsteps! it is really neat to share my love for this band with my son.

COOL MOM!!!
    MD97728 wrote:

Coolest Mom in the league..
  • Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    My son is three, and for months he's been inundated with Backspacer. He would ask who was singing, and I'd tell him. Now whenever he hears it, he says, "That Eddie?" Awesome.

My proudest moment was pulling into a parking lot and after I turned off the car, he started singing, "Got some if you need it. Got some if you need it. Got some if you neeeeeeeed it." I may have cried tears of joy.

I figure I'm just giving him a head start on being a good and smart person. My small service to society.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    that's just good parenting!
    My Mom made me listen to Barbara Streisand, Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow. :cry: She claims to love me. :lol: Neil's not so bad...
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Every time she gets in the car the first thing she asks for is "yeah, yeah, yeah** ".

**"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" is actually "The Fixer". Ever since it came out she sings along, especially to the chorus. Somehow now "YYY" has morphed into refering to the whole Backspacer CD instead of just the one song. As soon as the last note of "The End" fades out, she starts yelling, "More Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!" It's pretty sweet.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
    evenflow wrote:
    Every time she gets in the car the first thing she asks for is "yeah, yeah, yeah** ".

**"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" is actually "The Fixer". Ever since it came out she sings along, especially to the chorus. Somehow now "YYY" has morphed into refering to the whole Backspacer CD instead of just the one song. As soon as the last note of "The End" fades out, she starts yelling, "More Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!" It's pretty sweet.

Cool Dad!!!
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    KO282453 wrote:
    My Mom made me listen to Barbara Streisand, Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow. :cry: She claims to love me. :lol: Neil's not so bad...

fantastic line. thanks
  • EasyEEasyE Posts: 66
    I've been thinking, Backspacer may be a kids album.

My 2-year-old daughter is very happy with my Pearl Jam "magaziney." We busted out the LP and magazine the other day to find all the "matches."

The Deep Six magazine, Backspacer album art and the songs appear to have been conceived, in part, as a kids experience. That makes sense given the band's recent entry into parenthood.

And, I've read many messages on this board about kids enjoying Backspacer.

Anyway, the Backspacer era has been a nice change of pace for Pearl Jam. I'm eager to see and hear the next LP or EP.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Yes Way wrote:
    My son is three, and for months he's been inundated with Backspacer. He would ask who was singing, and I'd tell him. Now whenever he hears it, he says, "That Eddie?" Awesome.

My proudest moment was pulling into a parking lot and after I turned off the car, he started singing, "Got some if you need it. Got some if you need it. Got some if you neeeeeeeed it." I may have cried tears of joy.

I figure I'm just giving him a head start on being a good and smart person. My small service to society.

Wrong man, a highly significant service to society.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    lettinggo wrote:
    Yes Way wrote:

Wrong man, a highly significant service to society.

I agree!!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    im looking forward to having kids for moments like these