My next show will be their best...

circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Like many of you, I've seen this band a lot, about 15 times, and like many of you, I've gone into shows with hopes and preferences regarding the setlists. I've even come away from shows with a slight and unspoken letdown feeling because they didn't deliver that perfect set. Well, I haven't seen them since 06. I live in Dallas and odds are they won't come through here anytime soon, and I can't afford to travel for them. But if I somehow get to see them again I know that it will be the best show ever for me because I will not have one bit of preference for what they play or how they play it. I'm just so damn excited to see them again and I realize I took them for granted in the past. Once they hit that stage I will just be elated to be in their presence, hearing them play their songs, any of them. I would be happy to hear all hits, I don't care. I will rock out to Betterman and Crazy Mary as if they are the rarest of B-sides. I just really, really hope they come to Dallas this year.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    15 times is NOT a lot, NOOB!

i'm just playing...i hope you get your dallas show. it looks like the south is gonna get some love soon.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Once they hit that stage I will just be elated to be in their presence

Atta boy, someone gets it. Good job.
  • Once they hit that stage I will just be elated to be in their presence

Atta boy, someone gets it. Good job.

i know everyone hates it when they play even flow (or perhaps glad cause they finally get to relieve their bladder after holding it in for so long) but when i heard that highhat count going into the opening riff of even flow, my reaction is always "FUCK YEAH! THEY'RE PLAYING EVEN FLOW!!!" and no it is not my favorite song, but because i know that they are gracing us with their presence to put on a show, i love every minute of it.

granted i've only been to two shows :P
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    It ALWAYS IS 8-) ! Although I'm not really sure if Halloween night was better than 10/30 ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • I've even come away from shows with a slight and unspoken letdown feeling because they didn't deliver that perfect set.
    Haha, damn, thats crazy talk in my opinion!

I'm totally down with them playing the rarest of b-sides, but I also like it when they pull off the hits and the crowd gets its loudest!
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    It ALWAYS IS 8-) ! Although I'm not really sure if Halloween night was better than 10/30 ;)

I agree 10/30 was better song selection but 10/31 was epic in many ways...

By the way, Walmart had the Philly Boots when I was there on a rollback for $19.97 :lol:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    it looks like the south is gonna get some love soon.
    :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    15 times is NOT a lot, NOOB!

You should know better than that.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam