Announce the Fu%^&ng Tour Already!!!

CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Really...Even if its a few scattered shows- who cares!!!
I need to know - Im impatient dammit!!!!!!

it's obvious theres something going on in the Northeast so lets see what we got!!!

eddie_vedder.jpg
Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28, 1996
Blockbuster Music Center - Aug 28, 1998, E-Centre - Sep 02, 2000
First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003
Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003, Borgata - Sept 30, 2005
Tweeter Center May 27 & May 28, 2006
Continental Arena - Jun 03, 2006
Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008,MSG - Jun 24 & 25, 2008
Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 MSG - May 20 & 21 2010
PJ 20!!! Alpine Valley 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 Ticket Lotto Winner -rw9!-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    They already announced a tour last December! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119398&start=0 . I don't see another tour announced in a while cause viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124472 . If new Pearl Jam tour happens, it would happen after the European dates. I would think ticket's go on sale May/June for Fall dates.
  • Could Pearl Jam sell out a short tour with a short window (1 and 1/2 to 2 months between announcements and shows)? I think so, especially in the northeast. But I think all these rumors were them holding dates until Soundgarden f'd things up by getting back together (they haven't announced dates either). So I don't think the tour is happening in the spring. I hope I'm wrong of course.
    Another thing that has to be put out to pasture: The idea that they announce dates close to the shows to help the local fans get tickets. That's utter bullshit and now that they're offering hotels pretty much squashes that ridiculous theory. So hopefully we won't have to hear that bullshit anymore.
  • hey...i'm only 25 minutes north of Boston and they are playing my back yard...there is a thread with all the info on the Porch right now!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    the thread title is sure to make it happen much faster :roll:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    it's not gonna happen in the Spring- the MSG shows not happening pretty much confirms that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    Could Pearl Jam sell out a short tour with a short window (1 and 1/2 to 2 months between announcements and shows)? I think so, especially in the northeast. But I think all these rumors were them holding dates until Soundgarden f'd things up by getting back together (they haven't announced dates either). So I don't think the tour is happening in the spring. I hope I'm wrong of course.
    Another thing that has to be put out to pasture: The idea that they announce dates close to the shows to help the local fans get tickets. That's utter bullshit and now that they're offering hotels pretty much squashes that ridiculous theory. So hopefully we won't have to hear that bullshit anymore.

When we got info on New Year's about the return of Soundgarden, many thought they would tour NA during the month's of Feb - May in North America. So Matt could come back to Pearl Jam and finish off the June/July festival show's in Europe, then in fall complete the Backspacer tour in the North America including a 10/10/10 appearance.

There has been way too many rumors that blow's the mind completely. :|
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    hey...i'm only 25 minutes north of Boston and they are playing my back yard...there is a thread with all the info on the Porch right now!

We'll all be there, E, where you want us there or not ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    OK it's settled then we'll just go to URCB's house. We'll just park the RV in the driveway and call it G2. Thanks E! See you, ah when is it - around May 15th ish, right??? :lol: PM me if you want to stay in the RV at 10C rates, thanks. ;)
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• demetrios wrote:
    When we got info on New Year's about the return of Soundgarden, many thought they would tour NA during the month's of Feb - May in North America. So Matt could come back to Pearl Jam and finish off the June/July festival show's in Europe, then in fall complete the Backspacer tour in the North America including a 10/10/10 appearance.

There has been way too many rumors that blow's the mind completely. :|

You know what's not good about Soundgarden not having dates announced by this point either?
    Say they start at Lollapalooza in July. They're going to go full force, probably around the world. I mean its a reunion. That's going to take months. I wouldn't be surprised if that kills a Fall Pearl Jam tour too. That's why even though it looks grim for a spring PJ tour, I'm holding out the slightest of hope!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You want to hear something SICK we are the victims of desire!!!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Just an observation:

They are already scheduled to play 12 shows this year. 11 in Europe and 1 in the US. That is 1 less show than in 08. Not sure why everyone is expecting a giant US tour when they played 30 something shows last year. While I agree they will probably play in Oct for a 20th anniversary show, they have also said they are touring less because they all have families. I hope as much as anyone they play the Northeast or somewhere close, but I am not expecting it. But if they do play Crazy's backyard, I'm there for sure.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • You know what's not good about Soundgarden not having dates announced by this point either?
    Say they start at Lollapalooza in July. They're going to go full force, probably around the world. I mean its a reunion. That's going to take months. I wouldn't be surprised if that kills a Fall Pearl Jam tour too. That's why even though it looks grim for a spring PJ tour, I'm holding out the slightest of hope!

i don't know...i can't see them scraping a tour that promotes their new album so SG can have a fucking reunion tour...that would be fucking stupid!!!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Who says there's one to announce?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    youngster wrote:
    Just an observation:

They are already scheduled to play 12 shows this year. 11 in Europe and 1 in the US. That is 1 less show than in 08. Not sure why everyone is expecting a giant US tour when they played 30 something shows last year. While I agree they will probably play in Oct for a 20th anniversary show, they have also said they are touring less because they all have families. I hope as much as anyone they play the Northeast or somewhere close, but I am not expecting it. But if they do play Crazy's backyard, I'm there for sure.

I need to start a family so I can quit this 70 hour a week rat race :roll:

Worst excuse ever.
  • i don't know...i can't see them scraping a tour that promotes their new album so SG can have a fucking reunion tour...that would be fucking stupid!!!

definitely stupid, but stranger things have happened. Also, Backspacer's going to be a year old in the fall. Very strange.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :cry::cry::cry::cry: :( :( :( :( :|:| :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • gee...i guess fun time is over and lock down is in effect!

WTF?!
  • PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    gee...i guess fun time is over and lock down is in effect!

WTF?!

Grrburger. That was the most entertaining thread on the Porch in a long time.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • youngster wrote:
    Just an observation:

I need to start a family so I can quit this 70 hour a week rat race :roll:

Worst excuse ever.

REALLY. YOU WOULD WORK 70 HOURS A WEEK IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO? :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    on top of all that now we have to watch out for soundgarden to steal are drummer . 8-)
  • jokertt14 wrote:
    on top of all that now we have to watch out for soundgarden to steal OUR drummer . 8-)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    Damm people demanding shit :crazy: ..

where the F are the philly boots :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    Theres way, way too many threads about specific dates and venues for a East Coast tour not to be in the works. DC, PA, NY, OH.....I GOTTA BELIEVE SOMETHINGS GONNA HAPPEN...
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    is Sawyer on vacation today? is that the reason someone else posted this? ;)
  • is Sawyer on vacation today? is that the reason someone else posted this? ;)

Sawyer's drafting his third "That's it, I Can't Take It...." thread right now. You'll see it later.
  • CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    At least this looks promising!!!! :o

http://tinyurl.com/PearlJamNEPA