MEMPHIS MAY 4TH?

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Possible show to raise money for W.M.3. at the FEDEXFORUM from a source that works for the Memphis nba team. Its been almost 10yrs since they last played here
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Given the rumors that they were going to be playing at the Beale Street Music Fest and the confirmation that they will NOT be there maybe this is where that got started. The festival will end the previous Sunday.

I would love to see them finally break in the Forum but I figure this too shall not happen....crosses fingers
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    It's been ten years since they played Memphis. I remember Ed dedicating "Baba" to a friend that he was going to meet for the first time from West Memphis.

That was a great show. Would like to see them come back.

The Forum is a big place...last time they played The Pyramid...seems like they would have difficulty filling all those seats if the south is a tough spot for them to play.

Wish full thinking though.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • At the solo show last year Eddie commented about how quickly the seats sold out and that he was glad for the support. He did also say that part of the reason why that show happened at all was because he needed to be in West Memphis the following Monday for something involving the WM3.

I don't know....I missed the pyramid show the last time but I went to many shows in that venue. For those who were there....was it pretty much filled? The last show I saw at the Forum was AC/DC and I'm pretty sure there were quite a few open seats up top. I think the whole 'southern shows don't sell' thing has been a bit blown out of proportion but, then again, maybe not because there has to be some reason why a great town like Memphis has become a red-headed stepchild....
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Eddie did his fine solo shows there
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Possible show to raise money for W.M.3. at the FEDEXFORUM from a source that works for the Memphis nba team. Its been almost 10yrs since they last played here

hello....I have heard Columbus May 6th,....
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • If they play it, we will come.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1