PC vs My new MacBook Pro

McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
... well,last week, I bought a new macbook pro. I installed Windows on it using Bootcamp. My plan was to use the 14days return guaranty and to try that famous Mac everyone is talking about. Since, I just realized I was more and more using Windows since I had nothing to do on the Mac.

I just don't get why so many people are buying a Mac. I might actually return mine in the next days. Ok, it works well for video editing ( since I like editing videos.. ) but, I don't think it worths the price I paid for it.

It looks just like a big toys..

What should I expect if I keep it? Am I the only one disappointed by my Mac?

Is there any programs, games or applications I should get to appreciate more this computer?
-"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    u got a new Macbook to try it out but installed Windows on it right away? Kinda takes away from the point of trying out a Mac, no?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm not a computer person in any way but we are in the graphic arts field- printing so we are all about Macs and therefore love them.
    They are less prone to virus' is about all I really know and I wouldn't even know how to start up a PC :?
    I think you should give it sometime to see if you like it. My son recently went from PC to a Mac laptop and loves it.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i agree with _outlaw
    I also bought windows thinking i'd install bootcamp, but after a couple hours of playing around on my Mac, never even opened the box. I gave it to my boyfriend 2 years later cos he had so many problems with vista, and i happened to still have xp laying around.

To each his/her own... People like them for different things, why can't people get over that? Not saying that's what the OP is saying, but a lot of people say Mac users are just trend whores and stuff. Bugs me :roll:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    well, I need Windows XP for programs not compatibled with Macs. I gotta work with lighting consoles, and most of them don't release their "On Pc" version for Mac.

I bought a Mac mostly for video editing .. I was told they were faster for this field of work..

But I was just questionning myself why people were soooo in love with their Mac..
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    hey, kids worked hard on building that mac for you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/a ... abour.html
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Worked with both and I'm a PC person!

I know a lot of graphics/design people will say MAC all the way but... my PC can do what a MAC can do and has more flexibility. A designer friend of mine used my PC when her MAC was 'being sorted' (I have the same graphics programmes on my PC as she does on her MAC, I have a tablet, etc.). Even she had to admit that, after all, PCs weren't that bad.

But, what is true, is that there are less viruses going around for MACs.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    To each there own, but I've owned both and have fixed PCs for years.. I prefer macs OS.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    redrock wrote:
    Worked with both and I'm a PC person!

I know a lot of graphics/design people will say MAC all the way but... my PC can do what a MAC can do and has more flexibility. A designer friend of mine used my PC when her MAC was 'being sorted' (I have the same graphics programmes on my PC as she does on her MAC, I have a tablet, etc.). Even she had to admit that, after all, PCs weren't that bad.

But, what is true, is that there are less viruses going around for MACs.
    Macs are more intuitive, and have a prettier OS.. Nothing wrong with PC, but you gotta be careful online. Too easy to fuck up with spyware/malware and viruses.. I like the simplicity of Mac.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what it comes down to is that mac's are more durable ... i relate it to back in the day when chevy came out with the cavalier ... the thing had abs, power this, power that ... everything ... at the same price point - you could have bought an entry civic that came with no passenger side mirror or stereo ...

seems pretty obvious until you realize that cavalier had no cushion in the seats and everything broke down every other month while the civic just keeps going ...

i've had my macbook pro for 3 plus years and i do basic video editing and picture stuff ... my friend who bought the same computer at the same time has used his for everything (gis included) and takes it everywhere ... both of our computers are still working strong except for the life of the battery as the day we bought it ... everyone i know with pcs are replacing their computers every 2 years easy ...
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    People by a Mac because it runs OS X. If you wanted to run windows buy a flippin Dell. :roll:
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I built my own PC (gaming stats) and have never had a problem with it.

I've only ever used a Mac laptop (teacher issue, no idea what it was) and didn't care for it.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I would say people prefer a mac vs. pc for the same reason someone prefers a chevy vs. ford, personnel preference. I have a imac, wife has macbook and we would never by a PC again, my reasons why are quite simple, when I get my mac for the first time the only software installed is software that I can use, unlike a PC with all kinds of trial software to delete. My current imac is going on 21/2 years runs just like the day I bought.

But my most important reason for my mac is customer service, they have excellent customer service, one call for software or hardware related issues,and the only issues I had was when I first made the switch and that was all about understanding the OS.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    what it comes down to is that mac's are more durable ... i relate it to back in the day when chevy came out with the cavalier ... the thing had abs, power this, power that ... everything ... at the same price point - you could have bought an entry civic that came with no passenger side mirror or stereo ...

seems pretty obvious until you realize that cavalier had no cushion in the seats and everything broke down every other month while the civic just keeps going ...

i've had my macbook pro for 3 plus years and i do basic video editing and picture stuff ... my friend who bought the same computer at the same time has used his for everything (gis included) and takes it everywhere ... both of our computers are still working strong except for the life of the battery as the day we bought it ... everyone i know with pcs are replacing their computers every 2 years easy ...

You make some excellent points, My mother in law was in the market for a new computer, " I told her to try the Imac", they were 999.00, she said it was to much and bought a PC for 849, 18 months later she was replacing the mother board.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon