Why so many posters in good section?

evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Is it just me or are they making more posters i remember in years past that a poster would go up for sale then gone either within seconds or at least the next few days. It seems as if the goods section is filled with them. Are they making more or just getting uglier. I thought there were some really awesome ones in there this go around.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    They're printing more of these than the market dictates.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347

That us what i thought in way good so everyone can enjoy getting them and not paying crazy prices.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    it's probably because they listened to people bitching that there weren't enough posters

so they made more

and now this

as well as

the market for flipping these things is wayyyyy down... so your part time flippers don't buy them from the 10c

i think it's great

if you want a poster... you can buy it
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    it's probably because they listened to people bitching that there weren't enough posters

so they made more

and now this

as well as

the market for flipping these things is wayyyyy down... so your part time flippers don't buy them from the 10c

i think it's great

+1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260

Yup, I'd buy them myself but $30 each plus shipping overseas = no tour in June :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    i think it's great

I agree with you, that it's pretty cool.... however, you're going to eat those words when the SLC goes up for sale.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    i think it's great

I agree with you, that it's pretty cool.... however, you're going to eat those words when the SLC goes up for sale.

i'll get mine... i'm not worried

but it will be difficult... especially with all this hype

it's a very nice print but it's getting out of hand

64% of the people will be buying it to try to make a buck

or they'll think they can trade it for a 98 or something stupid like a sealed benaroya

so even if i don't get the print... i'll wait 8 months and pick it up off ebay for $43.75

;)

and yes all numbers in this post are actual guesses from my head ;)
    shep wrote:
    i think it's great

i'll get mine... i'm not worried

but it will be difficult... especially with all this hype

it's a very nice print but it's getting out of hand

64% of the people will be buying it to try to make a buck

or they'll think they can trade it for a 98 or something stupid like a sealed benaroya

so even if i don't get the print... i'll wait 8 months and pick it up off ebay for $43.75

;)

and yes all numbers in this post are actual guesses from my head ;)

I hope you're right. Cause I'm willing to bet that this poster will go on sale some morning I actually can't get to the computer at the exact moment the sale starts and I'll get screwed.... Which sucks cause it's the only one from the 09 tour left that I want and don't have....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

Hey PillowPants, I'll trade you all four LA prints and I'll even throw in a Denver06 for your benny hall. :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    so are they goonna do "all" the posters as reprints cause i want the dallas 98 one hmm maybe someone will trade me for a ACL PBS taping 09 poster :mrgreen:

Hey PillowPants, I'll trade you all four LA prints and I'll even throw in a Denver06 for your benny hall. :lol:

haha

this made me think

literally the 2009 prints have barely any trade value ...

an odd time for sure... just 2-3 years ago things were so different... although the decline was in the works
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176

haha

this made me think

an odd time for sure... just 2-3 years ago things were so different... although the decline was in the works

pillowpants j/w you made a good point but
    not even the one from the ACL TV taping 09 has any trade value
  • I love it finally you can get tour posters and not be screwed if you don't have the money right away.

haha

this made me think

Well, that's not entirely true...

The Christchurch and the Adelaide did both sell out, so they may have some future trading value... (I really hope so cause I have APs of both....)
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I am not sure that the SLC will sell out right away. Many people think the Toronto poster was the 2nd best from 2009 and that has been out there a few weeks and is still available
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Here are the reasons in no particular order.

1. too many posters printed
    2. mostly ugly poster designs this tour
    3. poster market in generally is dying
    4. everyone wants VINYL!

As a collector myself, I think #1 and #2 have caused #3... yes people asked for more, but posters should be limited edition collectibles, not mass produced pieces of paper :(

Unless something changed in the past 24 hours, there will not be a sale for SLC, according to slh. I hope I misread this, but I dont think I did :o
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688
    adspj wrote:
    Here are the reasons in no particular order.

1. too many posters printed
    2. mostly ugly poster designs this tour
    3. poster market in generally is dying
    4. everyone wants VINYL!

As a collector myself, I think #1 and #2 have caused #3... yes people asked for more, but posters should be limited edition collectibles, not mass produced pieces of paper :(

Unless something changed in the past 24 hours, there will not be a sale for SLC, according to slh. I hope I misread this, but I dont think I did :o

SLC will on sale... the one is not going to be on sale is ACL the TV Show... there is a topic around The Porch... I dont remember wich one but I am 100% sure tha SLC will be on sale (should be next week)... Hopefully I'm not wrong... :roll:

I agree with some of your points but what's the problem for everyone to have a poster??? at a reasonable price??? It's sad to see how people is trying to make money with the PJ stuff... :evil: I undestand double the price but 2, 3, 10 or more times the price, that's insane!!! :o
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif