Pearl Jam Officially NOT at Memphis in May

mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Posts: 227
edited March 2010 in The Porch
http://www.memphisinmay.org/lineup

Stupid radio station dj's getting people all worked up over nothing. . . .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• __ Posts: 6,651
    Boooo!!!!! :(

(But thanks for letting us know.)
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    edited March 2010
    limp bizkit wth lol i know one year they played with Cypress hill an napster handed out all these hack-e sacks well when limp came on everyone threw them at fred d lol he stopped an said you keeep throwing them were going to stop playing lol guess what everyone did threw what ever they could ............................. :mrgreen: but bummer pj isnt there
    Post edited by release23420 on
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    limp bizkit wth lol i know one year they played with Cypress hill an napster handed out all these hack-e sacks well when limp came on everyone threw them at fred d lol he stopped an said you keeep throwing were going to stop playing lol guess what everyone did threw what ever they could ............................. :mrgreen: but bummer pj isnt there

that just might have been the best story I read on here and clearly represent my feelings about that bullshit band. Thanks for sharing.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Oh well....that sucks.

But they do have Alice in Chains :mrgreen:
    And they are playing Saturday , May 1st.
    The same night Pearl Jam are playing Jazz Fest :(
    Why cant things ever be easy.
  • Pissed off about this, I hate to say this but maybe it's time throw in the towel about the hopes of a spring Pearl Jam tour.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Pissed off about this, I hate to say this but maybe it's time throw in the towel about the hopes of a spring Pearl Jam tour.

I agree. I'm about to throw in the towel and begin scheduling other trips/events.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Pissed off about this, I hate to say this but maybe it's time throw in the towel about the hopes of a spring Pearl Jam tour.

I agree. I'm about to throw in the towel and begin scheduling other trips/events.

Hate to say it but I`m with you guys.
    Tired of waiting and wishing. Time to move on.
    throw_in_towel.jpg
  • More time to save money for a fall tour. I hope there is a fall tour. :shock:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Oh well....that sucks.

i don't understand why this is difficult?
  • Most of these festivals seem pretty fucking lame. Limp Bizkit? Puddle of Mudd? BRET FUCKING MICHAELS? People pay to see this shit? Don't get me wrong, there are some bands I would love to see too, Jeff Beck, Blues Traveler, Widespread Panic etc... But damn there is some real shit on there too. I can see how if you were gonna be in Memphis, you'd be bummed that Pearl Jam isn't included after all... but did you really wanna have to hold your spot and listen to Puddle of Shit before Pearl Jam? No thanks... :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    .. but did you really wanna have to hold your spot and listen to Puddle of Shit before Pearl Jam? No thanks... :lol:

Good point. It's a good thing we don't have to worry about that anymore.

#standingman #duranadam
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    BRET FUCKING MICHAELS?

Haha! That's what I was thinking. :lol::lol:

Anyway... I can't believe all you other people are giving up so easily! Ye of little faith. ;)
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Flaming Lips and DBT on Saturday...that's nice!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Oh well....that sucks.

i don't understand why this is difficult?
    Don't get me wrong!
    I would love to drive to New Orleans to see Pearl Jam.
    But have you tried looking for a hotel on that weekend?
    If you want to stay any where near the French Quarter it is impossible.
    Everything is booked up.

There were a couple of hotels out near the airport but I don't know that area to well.
    I read on here somewhere that there would be very limited parking in the
    Jazz Fest area,which is going to cause lots of trouble for the people driving in from out of town.
  • [/quote] I can't believe all you other people are giving up so easily! Ye of little faith. ;)[/quote]

I hate to give up.
    But with Pearl Jam passing up Memphis I lost what seems like my chance to see them play near me this year.
    YES ,I could drive 6 hours to New Orleans to see what is going to be a incredible show but NO hotels.
    I have even considered driving down the day off the show then driving back the same night :thumbdown:

Hate to say it but I`m with you guys.
    Tired of waiting and wishing. Time to move on.
    throw_in_towel.jpg
    i dont see much point in having a Tenclub membership anymore. the new newsletters are pretty sad compared to the old ones and i can get the single online. i really dont see them touring anywhere nearby ever again except a rare festival :(.
  • but seriously, i had no idea Limp Bizkit was still around. hahahah
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    no pearl jam, but by god they get Puddle of MUDD!!!!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    It'll be interesting to see if NOLA gets a run-of-the-mill festival setlist or something special since it's been a while the last time they played there. I'm kinda torn about it. Since they have that fucked up plantation mentality about the way they divide up the viewing area for those expensive-ass tickets, I kinda want it to be a "greatest hits" one. But on the other hand, a few dear friends are going and I want them to have an incredible time, so that kinda makes it hard to be the evil one that I usually am :twisted:

#standingman #duranadam