Philly Craft Beer Festival

cheech721cheech721 Posts: 46
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just wondering if anyone is going and what breweries they are looking forward to seeing there.
I know that I was born and I know that Ill die.
The in between is mine. I am mine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am not going, but if i was i know i would be excited to go by:
    Stone
    Ballast Point
    Rogue
    JOLLYPUMPKIN

To be honest there were a lot of brewers i was not familar with that I don't see down here in the south. So i'd be trying a lot of them!

Have fun wish i was up in the area to check it out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This is something I'd love to experience. Too bad I live 6 hours away.

Flip, flip, flipadelphia.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741

The Beer Advocate Extreme Beer fest is in your back yard and its a better beer fest than this.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Is this the Navy Yard on or the one at World Cafe? Either/or, they're both sweet. Can't wait for Philly Beer Week! Thank God they moved it to when it's nice out.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Ive been to that actually, as well as a few Harpoonfests. I'm thinking next time around, instead of doing a tour for Pearl Jam, Im going on a beer festival tour. Just like Homer going on tour with Krusty's rib-wich.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Is this the Navy Yard on or the one at World Cafe? Either/or, they're both sweet. Can't wait for Philly Beer Week! Thank God they moved it to when it's nice out.

This is the one at the Navy Yard. I haven't been but I heard there are too many tickets sold in the past and it is too packed.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mmmm beer.

i might have to stop at binny's on the way home. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This is the one at the Navy Yard. I haven't been but I heard there are too many tickets sold in the past and it is too packed.

It is too packed. It's stifling since it's all inside. Went a couple years ago. I didn't mind though, as the libations flowed like wine....or beer.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I think the tickets have already sold out. :x

There is one in Harrisburg in June, they close down part of 3rd and Locust, all proceeds go towards the cystic fibrosis foundation. I think they usually get around 50 brewers and have two sessions, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. Shockingly a nice event for Harrisburg! :o
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,427
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It is too packed. It's stifling since it's all inside. Went a couple years ago. I didn't mind though, as the libations flowed like wine....or beer.

Yeah, I heard that too. I went to the Real Ale Festival at Yards last year - awesome! Not sure if/when they're having that this year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Yeah, I heard that too. I went to the Real Ale Festival at Yards last year - awesome! Not sure if/when they're having that this year.

Was this at the new Yards facility? Have been dying to go.

Edit: Just checked this out. Looks like a pretty legit event. Coming up on the 21st. Think I may have to check it out. Tickets are $50.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,427
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Edit: Just checked this out. Looks like a pretty legit event. Coming up on the 21st. Think I may have to check it out. Tickets are $50.

Aww man, that thing was so much fun last year. Don't know if I can make it this year - wife is expecting, and that's the day after her 30th b-day. I thought they might push that back to June with the other beer week stuff, but I guess not.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The Beer Advocate Extreme Beer fest is in your back yard and its a better beer fest than this.

i hit up the EBF and the american craft beer fest in the summer every year. At EBF this year, dogfish world wide stout run through randall filled with expresso beans was hands down the best beer
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Aww man, that thing was so much fun last year. Don't know if I can make it this year - wife is expecting, and that's the day after her 30th b-day. I thought they might push that back to June with the other beer week stuff, but I guess not.

Well thanks for the heads up. I am definitely going to go now.

Too bad you can't go this year but sounds like you have a hell of a spring ahead of you. Congrats man. Sure it is an exciting time.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i hit up the EBF and the american craft beer fest in the summer every year. At EBF this year, dogfish world wide stout run through randall filled with expresso beans was hands down the best beer

That sounds outstanding. I have a couple friends that go to EBF almost every year and they love it. I am planning on going to the Ommegang festival, assuming I can get tickets. And now this Cask beer fest as well.