the tweat email? (no i didnt get one)

release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
edited March 2010 in The Porch
tha famous tweet email,,,, i wish one of us would get the email reminding us that our TC membership has to be current because then we would know forsure whats up with more shows happening :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I got one a few weeks ago saying my membership is expiring soon, and that I needed to renew it. So what did I do? I renewed that baby without delay.

I was thinking of starting a thread saying how happy I was that I renewed my membership, because I don't think anyone has done that yet. But who am I kidding? Nobody on the board gives a crap about me renewing my membership.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    I got one a few weeks ago saying my membership is expiring soon, and that I needed to renew it. So what did I do? I renewed that baby without delay.

I was thinking of starting a thread saying how happy I was that I renewed my membership, because I don't think anyone has done that yet. But who am I kidding? Nobody on the board gives a crap about me renewing my membership.

lol thanx for me laugh great job on renewing the memebrship :D you knno forsure now you will get a xmas in july sinlge :mrgreen:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412

congrats on renewing!!! i just renewed mine 2-3 weeks ago. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Congrats to you all!

I don't need to renew till November so I'm good, in case anyone cares lol !!! :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    they don't send tweet emails- they just do the tweet here.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    LukinFan wrote:
    they don't send tweet emails- they just do the tweet here.

really since when,, i have am still getting them ,,, just havent gotten the one for the 2010 tour :mrgreen:
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Whatever happpened to the emails the ten club would send with all the updates?...10c something?...Anyways they didn't amount to much anyways..Just reminders on merchandise that was going to be up for sale etc...

This fanclub is heading down the drain...In a quick way..
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Whatever happpened to the emails the ten club would send with all the updates?...10c something?...Anyways they didn't amount to much anyways..Just reminders on merchandise that was going to be up for sale etc...

This fanclub is heading down the drain...In a quick way..

The "Latest from the Ten Club" emails. Haven't had any of those in a long time. Maybe since around the Backspacer release??
    The 10c is more like a merchandise store than a fan club...If this trend continues with pearl jam not touring to much in the U.S after album release?...There won't be no need for a fan club..Because, I think a lot of fans will quit renewing its membership...

Jeremy
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    The 10c is more like a merchandise store than a fan club...If this trend continues with pearl jam not touring to much in the U.S after album release?...There won't be no need for a fan club..Because, I think a lot of fans will quit renewing its membership...

Jeremy
    NO u are wrong and about being fan club and about fans will quit their membership
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Jeremy
    NO u are wrong and about being fan club and about fans will quit their membership

The 10c never gives any updates on the band...We get a XMAS single sometime during the year..We also get a deep magazine about once a year...Look at the pearljam.com..It is all about selling goods...The 10c use to be all about the 10c members..Now is it selling about merchandise..I may have went overboard on fans not renewing their memberships?...I know the fan club members who have been in the 10c for a long time..Probably won't quit renewing their membership..But, there is a lot of new members who get sort crappy seats...I just don't see a lot of those members sticking around..Plus, with the band only playing a handful of cities each tour...Well I wouldn't even consider these concerts supporting backspacer even a real tour...

Jeremy

Jeremy

The 10c never gives any updates on the band...We get a XMAS single sometime during the year..We also get a deep magazine about once a year...Look at the pearljam.com..It is all about selling goods...The 10c use to be all about the 10c members..Now is it selling about merchandise..I may have went overboard on fans not renewing their memberships?...I know the fan club members who have been in the 10c for a long time..Probably won't quit renewing their membership..But, there is a lot of new members who get sort crappy seats...I just don't see a lot of those members sticking around..Plus, with the band only playing a handful of cities each tour...Well I wouldn't even consider these concerts supporting backspacer even a real tour...

Jeremy
    No u are wrong..first is a holiday single.not xmas ..when they gonna release new stuff the update us ,when they have shows they do it too,when they organize a donation too..the seat problem is a USA problem..pj is an American band but they have a huge fan base all over the world thats why they have sold out shows all over the world,of 15,20 up to 50 thousand..exable is berlin that last year u find online ticket 2 days before the show and no is sold out 4 months before the date of the show,,alot of peole are new members and let ne know that couse im here alot,,
    if there was a usa tour now nobody wil think what u saying..all will talk about the show..and letsa say an exable..can u tell me how many minutes need if they announce new york show,or boston,or la,or seattle for 10c ticket to be sold out?ill answer....a few seconds..
    we are talking for one of the greatest band in the world..they sell merch,as they sell music,cd,poster and stuff..but behind that there is great music and one of the biggest,fan base in the world
    and whats a real tour btw...??they play after the backspacer release in alot of usa citys,play in australia-nz and now in half countrys of europe...and as it seems other usa citys will have their dates may at september -octomber
    the only have the right to complaining is S.America fans..
    show a little faith,think positive..u will fell better..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    No doubt pearl jam is one the greatest bands ever...Not going to argue about that..But, the ten club is not as great as use to be...I have been a fan club member for a long time..The ten club use to at care about the 10c members...Now the ten club motto is take it or leave it...

When concert tickets go on sale for pearl jam playing in major cities..For an example NYC, Boston, Seattle etc..The tickets don't sell out in minutes...The best tickets sale out fast...Usually you can pretty easily get a ticket right before the show...It won't be the best seat in the joint..But, at least your in..

The 10c tickets do sale out fast..Depending on which city it is..But, overall rarely the venue is completely sold out..

South America does deserve a tour..I totally agree with that..I probably will go to Brazil when they do tour South America...If they ever do tour there again?
    Jeremy
    No doubt pearl jam is one the greatest bands ever...Not going to argue about that..But, the ten club is not as great as use to be...I have been a fan club member for a long time..The ten club use to at care about the 10c members...Now the ten club motto is take it or leave it...

When concert tickets go on sale for pearl jam playing in major cities..For an example NYC, Boston, Seattle etc..The tickets don't sell out in minutes...The best tickets sale out fast...Usually you can pretty easily get a ticket right before the show...It won't be the best seat in the joint..But, at least your in..

The 10c tickets do sale out fast..Depending on which city it is..But, overall rarely the venue is completely sold out..

South America does deserve a tour..I totally agree with that..I probably will go to Brazil when they do tour South America...If they ever do tour there again?
    Jeremy
    the whole world now my friend is take it or leave it..im sure 10c do their best..for sure they could do things better..like when someone has a problem cant go to a show,to transfer his tickets,best shipping way+cheaper,faster announcement.answer to all immidiatly,but can u immagine do their job with all of us complaining??can u imagine what mails,calls taking all day?what people ask?+ now they own their record company..
    sometimes i get angry of how they do things..but to tell the truth all the times i mail them they try their best to help me..i have 2,3 exables they just rock..with the biggest,after selling the ten deluxe edition the european need to pay extra money to ups,+ taxis ,i pay total 700 $ to ten club and ups.for 2 boxes.i mail 10c..they Immidiatly refund my money for both boxes..so i keep the boxes and ups take all the money ..10c nothing..
    this sound to me as they care...especially when we talk about money..they could say sorry..its taxes cant help u..but the read my mail ,see its not fair...if was a company like sony for exable.. u can immagine the result..
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Just renewed for another year,thought about renewing for more then 1yr but decided to renew for 1 at the moment. There's no reason why the band or fan club can't sell whatever they won't to imo. There objective is to make money in the long run which is fine since both are a business. I do wish that they were a little more up front regarding tour info. They could say look out for news coming in the future regarding a possible tour. That way all the bitching and moaning from people would slow down a bit. I think bye not talking about the tour issue is really driving people including myself crazy. A little tweet one way or the other would be nice and probably calm alot of threads and people down.
    Go Birds!!!!