Are they kidding or what?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    heehee ... in a thread about church pedophilia you brilliantly used the word 'kidding' in the title... i thought they stopped all the kidding years ago! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Why sound surprised? This is the Catholic church after all. ANd I am a Catholic, so I can say what I want, just like Borat's views on Judaism.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Why sound surprised? This is the Catholic church after all. ANd I am a Catholic, so I can say what I want, just like Borat's views on Judaism.

Same here.
    I don't even go church anymore.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:

Same here.
    I don't even go church anymore.

Yep, only time I go is a funeral or a wedding
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    Last time I went was the first time I'd been in ages, was trying not to crack up laughing in there.
    Dunno, I think it was how deep into it everyone was, like that scene in Borat but not that extreme.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    dunkman wrote:
    heehee ... in a thread about church pedophilia you brilliantly used the word 'kidding' in the title... i thought they stopped all the kidding years ago! ;)

:lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DriftEdDriftEd Posts: 74
    Last time I went was the first time I'd been in ages, was trying not to crack up laughing in there.
    Dunno, I think it was how deep into it everyone was, like that scene in Borat but not that extreme.

Im NOT an avid church goer myself but I find it a bit sad that people on this board, who are so liberal (for the most part), and open to the idea of freedom of expression, would mock people who choose to express themselves in a certain way. Church makes some people feel good about themselves and thier lives...why is that a joke?

Some people might look at folks that spend tons of time on this site reading and writing nonsense to be a bit rediculous...

lets not be so quick to judge.
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    DriftEd wrote:

Im NOT an avid church goer myself but I find it a bit sad that people on this board, who are so liberal (for the most part), and open to the idea of freedom of expression, would mock people who choose to express themselves in a certain way. Church makes some people feel good about themselves and thier lives...why is that a joke?

Some people might look at folks that spend tons of time on this site reading and writing nonsense to be a bit rediculous...

What if we tend to mock church-goers AND the ridiculous people spending time on this board. That’s ok isn’t it?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    eyedclaar wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:

What if we tend to mock church-goers AND the ridiculous people spending time on this board. That’s ok isn’t it?
    Only if you say Amen at the end
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Only if you say Amen at the end

Amen!

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,050
    eyedclaar wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:

What would Waffle say about that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

It's one of Waffle's five commandments. I only have one hand so that's as high as I count. I have a hook on the other stump, but anyhoo, I really have no choice.

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    that's absolutely ridiculous!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    eyedclaar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

It's one of Waffle's five commandments. I only have one hand so that's as high as I count. I have a hook on the other stump, but anyhoo, I really have no choice.
    If it's a comandment from Waffle , why ask us if it's okay? Hmm? Crisis of faith there Eyed?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

If it's a comandment from Waffle , why ask us if it's okay? Hmm? Crisis of faith there Eyed?

I see what you're asking now. Earlier, that was a rhetorical question on my part. When I asked if my behavior was ok, I really meant, I behave this way all the time so it has to be ok.

eyedclaar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

I see what you're asking now. Earlier, that was a rhetorical question on my part. When I asked if my behavior was ok, I really meant, I behave this way all the time so it has to be ok.
    Please note that I am Rhetorically Challenged. It's a bitch at times , but I live with it. There is no cure.Your help in this area would be most welcome. Please, going forward say what you mean. When I hear or see a rhetorical question I have the sudden urge and desire to release children held to toil in Acid Mines. I must act on this urge or I get a headache. NOBODY wants me to get a headache. Bad things happen.

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Doens't anyone who donates to the Catholic church indirectly pay for these legal defenses anyway?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My Halloween costume last year on the left

priest_costume%5B1%5D.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    :lol:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

OMG...............
    i'm laughing so hard at work good thing the shop is empty HAHAha
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

Wow. Just wow. That's one of the most hilariously offensive things I've ever seen.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    That is totally warped fuck RELIGION :x plus the pricks don't believe in EVOLUTION .. :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276

Wow. Just wow. That's one of the most hilariously offensive things I've ever seen.

I'm sorry but i would of had to punch you in the face if i saw that in person just whoaaa :o :shock:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....