9/7/24- Philly, PA
9/9/24- Philly, PA
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    It's a "World Wide Suicide" Listening to this when I saw this thread. Better go to as many PJ shows as possible before the "World Wide Suicide"
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Not trying to be a dick, but, 6.4 probably isn't severe in that area.

The 7.0 quake in Haiti is what, ~3+ times greater than a 6.4 quake? And I'm assuming the folks in Taiwan, who have experience with this, have better housing than they do in Haiti.

Hope for the best for eveyone involved, but, at initial glance, I can't imagine this is going to cause severe or catastrophic damage.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Could Japan be next?

Oarfish omen spells earthquake disaster for Japan For japan's sake i hope this fish doesn't show up.
    The appearance of the fish follows Saturday's destructive 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile and the January 12 tremors in Haiti, which claimed an estimated 200,000 lives.

A quake with a magnitude of 6.4 has also struck southern Taiwan.

Chile earthquake: troops struggling to keep control This rash of tectonic movements around the Pacific "Rim of Fire" is heightening concern that Japan - the most earthquake-prone country in the world - is next in line for a major earthquake.

Those concerns have been stoked by the unexplained appearance of a fish that is known traditionally as the Messenger from the Sea God's Palace.

The giant oarfish can grow up to five metres in length and is usually to be found at depths of 1,000 metres and very rarely above 200 metres from the surface. Long and slender with a dorsal fin the length of its body, the oarfish resembles a snake.

In recent weeks, 10 specimens have been found either washed ashore or in fishing nets off Ishikawa Prefecture, half-a-dozen have been caught in nets off Toyama Prefecture and others have been reported in Kyoto, Shimane and Nagasaki prefectures, all on the northern coast.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    g under p wrote:
    Could Japan be next?

Oarfish omen spells earthquake disaster for Japan For japan's sake i hope this fish doesn't show up.
    The appearance of the fish follows Saturday's destructive 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile and the January 12 tremors in Haiti, which claimed an estimated 200,000 lives.

A quake with a magnitude of 6.4 has also struck southern Taiwan.

Chile earthquake: troops struggling to keep control This rash of tectonic movements around the Pacific "Rim of Fire" is heightening concern that Japan - the most earthquake-prone country in the world - is next in line for a major earthquake.

Those concerns have been stoked by the unexplained appearance of a fish that is known traditionally as the Messenger from the Sea God's Palace.

The giant oarfish can grow up to five metres in length and is usually to be found at depths of 1,000 metres and very rarely above 200 metres from the surface. Long and slender with a dorsal fin the length of its body, the oarfish resembles a snake.

In recent weeks, 10 specimens have been found either washed ashore or in fishing nets off Ishikawa Prefecture, half-a-dozen have been caught in nets off Toyama Prefecture and others have been reported in Kyoto, Shimane and Nagasaki prefectures, all on the northern coast.

Peace

it already has... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=124445
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    It's all 2012!!! The world's coming to an end.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Taiwan's just across the sea from here. I didn't feel anything.

I'd like to feel an earthquake though. I've not felt one before.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Taiwan's just across the sea from here. I didn't feel anything.

I'd like to feel an earthquake though. I've not felt one before.

I felt a slight tremor here on the east coast once, all I remember saying was what the hell was that?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)