question for etraders

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
over the summer my job would get the paper and id look through the list of stocks on break and make note of cheaper stocks then come home and research them on etrade. now my question is, is there a way to look at lists of stocks so i can do this without a paper on etrade? i just cant seem to find anything on etrade that lets me just browse everything thats out there.

this is what im looking for on etrade. http://www.ohiomm.com/PDF/business/blimp/D8-010706.pdf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i use scottrade, so it may not compare.

they have a "watch" list which lets you put in stocks to keep an eye on. i've got 15 or so on my watch list.

i've never seen a mass listing like the one you linked to, except for in the paper. quite frankly, it would be impossible to watch that many.

now the question is, what do you add to your watch list. i add stocks that pop into my world, such as LL, SIG, WIN as well as sevearl others. this is not a recommend to buy any of these stocks. i know people at LL and SIG & WIN were added after they came back from running a stock screener tool.

yahoo's screener

http://screener.finance.yahoo.com/stocks.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    etrade has a watch list, and i use that. but what i was hoping to find was a list of stocks that i could quickly glance at and look at ytd %, current values or something and then actually research them.

i just find it odd that etrade doesnt even include all the features a basic newspaper has....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imo, the paper is only good when traveling and you don't have your computer with you.

if you are looking for stocks with high dividend yields, a stock screener is the way to go. not only do you get the price and yield, you get industry and bunch of other ratio's that hte paper doesn't have. but if you like the paper version,....get a WSJ subscription.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • yahoo finance has some good tools. I use them to keep my watch lists and compare stocks. You can set the information that they give for each stock depending on what you want to see at a glance.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    yeah its the stock scanner!!!! thats exactly what i was looking for. i knew an online stock site had to have an enhanced version of the papers.