Favorite Breakfast Cereal!

cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Y'all know I'm both bored and hungry now.

Oreo O's were my favorite, but they stopped making them a few years back. Ridiculous little sugar bombs.
Oops! All Berries also good, but sharp as hell and will fuck up the roof of your mouth!

Classic fave would probably be Frosted Flakes. I'm just pretty sure they're the perfect sugar cereal.

Oh and I used to combine Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Frankenberry in a bowl and call it the Cereal Triumvirate.

And yes it IS a miracle I don't have diabetes. :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    fruity pebbles though corn pops are pretty wicked also
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I like the special K with yogurt in it.
    But back in the day, Reeses cereal was good, and so was Cookie Crisp...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Wow.. I completely forgot about Count Chocula!!! I used to love that. My current favorite is Cap'N Crunch with berries :)

The sugar g's don't seem as bad in cerals now as they used to be, even for the kind we're talking about here.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    milarso wrote:
    I like the special K with yogurt in it.
    But back in the day, Reeses cereal was good, and so was Cookie Crisp...

Dude (and I am just calling you dude from here on out thanks to your avatar) they now make a sugar cookie kind of Cookie Crisp. It is ridiculous!! What is cookie crisp without the little chocolate chip moles that fall off in your milk?! :D
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    publix had 2 for 1 reeses cereal so i tried them yesterday. oh god so good
    I also always wondered why corn pops and sugar smacks and similar puffed cereals came in a foil bag instead of a plastic one. There has to be a reason for this, right?

Also I am going to be buying so many boxes of cereal this afternoon. Sorry, diet!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Count chocula, lucky charms and cap n crunch normal

cant get any of here so thats why i get people from the board to mail me some... speaking of which i havent had any for ages :( anyone want to send a starving student some sugary goodness? (mike n ikes would be lush too!)
    8-)
    Brisk. wrote:

cant get any of here so thats why i get people from the board to mail me some... speaking of which i havent had any for ages :( anyone want to send a starving student some sugary goodness? (mike n ikes would be lush too!)
    8-)

I will totally send you cereal in the mail!!! I love British snack food, can we have an exchange program? PM me!
  • Brisk. wrote:

8-)

I ate Cap'N crunch this morning and lucky charms yesterday. You and I must be siblings :)

I can't promise anything in the next month but I'd be willing to put you on a list on my refrigerator to take care of.. (I had a stroke last month and can't drive yet - not looking for sympathy - just letting you know why you'd have to wait :))
  • ajgolf23ajgolf23 Posts: 54
    Fruit Loops
    Drop, drop, dropping it down...oh, so gently...

ajgolf23 wrote:
    Fruit Loops

Yes...also apple jacks.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Brisk. wrote:

8-)

I ate Cap'N crunch this morning and lucky charms yesterday. You and I must be siblings :)

I can't promise anything in the next month but I'd be willing to put you on a list on my refrigerator to take care of.. (I had a stroke last month and can't drive yet - not looking for sympathy - just letting you know why you'd have to wait :))

eee :D:D:D

Fruit loops frickin suck! Blergh!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,427
    Fave junk cereals (really don't eat these anymore): Lucky Charms, Count Chocula

Fave that I actually eat now: Crispix, Peanut Butter Balls or something like that (from Whole Foods - they're delicious!)

I can't believe my parents let me eat that crap when I was a kid. I'm gonna be so much meaner a parent than they were!

P.S. - Hope you're feeling better soon DreamOfAngels!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    They also have Chocolate Cheerios now. Has anybody tried those?
  • I can't believe my parents let me eat that crap when I was a kid. I'm gonna be so much meaner a parent than they were!

P.S. - Hope you're feeling better soon DreamOfAngels!

Thanks! I'm actually doin' fabulous compared to the day of the stroke. No complaints. :D

By the way, I have this cereal in my house (clearly cause I'm eating it), but my kids would much rather have Kellogg's flakes with berries or oatmeal or just plain cereal.. wow, the apples fell far from my tree when it comes to food :)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    cinnamon life!

followed VERY closely by crispex.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Crispix
    cinnamon life!

followed VERY closely by crispex.

Yes to Cinnamon Life. But I only eat this one dry....I think it just gets too soggy too fast.

My husband is addicted to Crispix. I keep a stash of it all the time!
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Capt'N Crunch is my all time favourite but right now i'm addicted to Special K blueberry flavour...just ate some this morning yummm!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Honey Bunches of Oats
    Life

Those are the 2 I eat the most these days.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    my favorite healthy cereal is grape nuts and my fav junk food cereal is fruity pebbles.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • I love kashi Vive Toasted graham & vinilla and RICE crispy treat cereal Wow it's great
    those bold boys,and there beautiful boats
    I love kashi Vive Toasted graham & vinilla and RICE crispy treat cereal Wow it's great

Get outta here with your HEALTH FOOD! :lol::lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    BOO!!!! Berry rules
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    strawberry shredded wheat
    golden grahams
    cinnamon life
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Raisin Bran Crunch. Excellent cinnamon flavor. And to get all that fiber.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    anything chocolate as a kid I loved it, count chocula, cocoa crispies my favorites. Now of course its something much healthier.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:
    anything chocolate as a kid I loved it, count chocula, cocoa crispies my favorites. Now of course its something much healthier.

Being healthy really sucks, I say!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,427
    KO282453 wrote:
    BOO!!!! Berry rules

That was always really hard to find though. One time I had a binge where I bought Count Chocula, Franken Berry & Boo Berry all at once. Bad month for the old blood sugar...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Strangely enough, cereal is one of the few foods I actually enjoy the healthier ones more:

Crispix
    Special K
    Corn Flakes
    Grape Nuts

I was a Cinammon Toast Crunch fiend when I was little though :D