17 yr old Chelsea King's body found...

mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Her body was found in a shallow grave. Why does this keep happening time & time again? How can a sex offender be released from prison move into a city and know one gets notified!!! How do we handle these child molester/ sex offenders. I hate to say this, but I do believe in the death penalty. What else can we do, maybe life in prison, castration if they do get out or death. I don't know if these types of men can ever change. How sad this young girl died so young :cry:
********************************************************************************************* image
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    mikalina wrote:
    Her body was found in a shallow grave. Why does this keep happening time & time again? How can a sex offender be released from prison move into a city and know one gets notified!!! How do we handle these child molester/ sex offenders. I hate to say this, but I do believe in the death penalty. What else can we do, maybe life in prison, castration if they do get out or death. I don't know if these types of men can ever change. How sad this young girl died so young :cry:
    It is amazing how many lives can be ruined, by the act of one disgusting, sick human being. Not only has the life of a 17 year old been taken away, but her parents, friends, and relatives will spend their entire lives grieving. As I get older, I find it hard to even read stories like this. It isn't that I have become immune to these stories, its just that I cant handle the sadness and horror.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I agree, it does get harder every year I get older. Especially once you have kids.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i saw a show last night

sex offenders serve an average of 3 years in jail?????????? wtf
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Her and her family are in my thoughts. So awful. I don't think I'd ever recover if something like this happened to my child.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    castration is the answer. I've read that some sex offenders have opted for this and it appears to work for them...

if they don't take that option i think they should be hit in the face with an anvil until they are dead.

its quite a simple choice for them really isnt it?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    dunkman wrote:
    castration is the answer. I've read that some sex offenders have opted for this and it appears to work for them...

if they don't take that option i think they should be hit in the face with an anvil until they are dead.

i dunno, cutting off their pecker won't stop them from having the urges to molest little kids, what if it only makes them more violent or sadistic?

i say stop animal testing and use these people
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Has anyone considered locking these animals up in solitary confinement for 24 hours a day in a complete soundproof room, only being able to hear their own thoughts, feed them the way one feeds a gerbil. Honestly capital punishment doesn't deter them and almost seems like the easy way out, life in prison with human contact doesn't work maybe it's time for new and harsher approach.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:

i dunno, cutting off their pecker won't stop them from having the urges to molest little kids, what if it only makes them more violent or sadistic?

It's not cutting off their pecker (though they sure deserve it), it's chemical castration. It would seem that it removes their 'instincts' and sex drive. It's been done in scandinavia for quite a while and research shows that it does work. I guess it's not 100% though...
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

It's not cutting off their pecker (though they sure deserve it), it's chemical castration. It would seem that it removes their 'instincts' and sex drive. It's been done in scandinavia for quite a while and research shows that it does work. I guess it's not 100% though...

well, i'll be the first to admit i am behind the times on castration technology :mrgreen: how does it work?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    i saw a show last night

Yep, and a co-worker of mine, her brother is serving a 55 year sentence for seeling some marijuana. It's not like he was trafficking it either.

Our justice system is wack.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dunkman wrote:

Hell yeah. At least test on something that deserves some sort of punishment.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    dcfaithful wrote:
    i saw a show last night

Yep, and a co-worker of mine, her brother is serving a 55 year sentence for seeling some marijuana. It's not like he was trafficking it either.

It isn't a justice system at all. What we have, I'm afraid, is a legal system.

And a whack one at that.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    dcfaithful wrote:
    i saw a show last night

55 years???

YIKES!!!!

I want some details.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    dcfaithful wrote:
    i saw a show last night

did they seize and sell his stuff?
    don't compete; coexist

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:

well, i'll be the first to admit i am behind the times on castration technology :mrgreen: how does it work?

Hmmm... why would you want to know? ;):mrgreen: It's just a drug, usually in an implant (so it lasts longer and the system doesn't rely on the culprit to take stuff every day), that blocks the libido and therefore, supposedly, sex drive is way diminished. On a more moderate scale, some anti-depressants can have that kind of side effect - not wanting to get it up and can't really get it up.
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Hmmm... why would you want to know? ;):mrgreen: It's just a drug, usually in an implant (so it lasts longer and the system doesn't rely on the culprit to take stuff every day), that blocks the libido and therefore, supposedly, sex drive is way diminished. On a more moderate scale, some anti-depressants can have that kind of side effect - not wanting to get it up and can't really get it up.

its basically a chemical version of showing someone a naked photo of Susan Boyle.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Sex offenses are not penalized no where close to what they should be. Its shameful.
    Save room for dessert!
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Sex offenses are not penalized no where close to what they should be. Its shameful.

hee hee.. you said penal
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Similar tragedy occurred today in Melbourne...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/three- ... 5837012730
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    dcfaithful wrote:
    i saw a show last night

55 years???

YIKES!!!!

I want some details.....

I forgot some details, here is a bit from the Wiki article:

"Weldon Angelos, the son of a Greek immigrant and founder of a rap record company, was accused of selling marijuana to a police informant on several occasions worth a total of $350; the witness stated that Angelos had a firearm strapped to his body, but no photographs or evidence existed other than his testimony"

That was the real case closer. However, this witness stated that Weldon didn't have a gun, but then later testified he did. Still, no proof exists of him carrying a gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weldon_Angelos_case
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL