I wish I lived in Seattle

dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I went to seattle once. It was the coolest place. I can't imagine living in the city and being able to go to things like to up-coming Brad show. awesome.
Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
MSG 1 + 2 - '03
Boston Garden - '04
Montreal - '05
Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
Mansfield 1 - '08
(EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
Chicago 1 - '09
MSG -'10
Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
Central Park - '15
MSG - '16
Fenway - '16
Wrigley - '16
(RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
Fenway - '18
MSG - '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    it rained when i was there
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I went to seattle once. It was the coolest place. I can't imagine living in the city and being able to go to things like to up-coming Brad show. awesome.
    +1

The Showbox is so cool. I'll be going back in October for the 20th anniversary show, although most likely not at the Showbox.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    can't wait to go there this weekend! my wife & i are heading to Portland first, then will be spending 4-5 days in Seattle. we're hoping to catch the Satchel show next Friday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    I wish that every day. We moved ten years ago, and I still have not gotten over leaving. :(
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • GrrrlGrrrl Posts: 4
    :( i live in seattle been living here for the past 20+ years whats so cool about it?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    mfc2006 wrote:
    can't wait to go there this weekend! my wife & i are heading to Portland first, then will be spending 4-5 days in Seattle. we're hoping to catch the Satchel show next Friday.
    You're gonna be in Heaven moving to Seattle. mfc2006 loves his live music. Enjoy my friend!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Grrrl wrote:
    :( i live in seattle been living here for the past 20+ years whats so cool about it?

The grass is always greener. I think after a few years though they'll wish they lived in the Northeast though because that is where Pearl Jam tours.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    mfc2006 wrote:
    You're gonna be in Heaven moving to Seattle. mfc2006 loves his live music. Enjoy my friend!

we will!! thanks!!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Grrrl wrote:

The grass is always greener. I think after a few years though they'll wish they lived in the Northeast though because that is where Pearl Jam tours.

No shizz...they barely play the northwest here...it's always cool when they do but they like the east coast better...but still what is so cool about seattle. just because certain bands are from seattle doesn't make it a cool place. you need to list substance people. i could say vancouver canada is the coolest place on the earth because the subhumans and doa are from there when all actuality it's not the coolest place because they have a huge homeless problem and drug problem. So again...what is so cool about seattle besides the grunge bands that came out of here?
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    well then, I guess my own experience is what was cool.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
    well then, I guess my own experience is what was cool.
    I'm sure it was i'm jsut trying to say that there's so much more to seattle than just what bands are from here.
  • Slow MoeSlow Moe Posts: 87
    Grrrl wrote:
    .... So again...what is so cool about seattle besides the grunge bands that came out of here?
    Great community for cycling, fun brewpubs, oceans & mtns nearby & some of the most beautiful forests on the planet. Not saying i wanna live there, but visiting is a lotta fun!
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    +1

The Showbox is so cool. I'll be going back in October for the 20th anniversary show, although most likely not at the Showbox.

It better not be at the Showbox! Do you know how big of a FUCK YOU that would be to the fans?? and the ticket sales?? CAN YOU SAY BLOODBATH, PEOPLE SELLING THEIR FIRST BORNS??? :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    What's cool about Seattle: The Trees.

What's not so nice: The "doormen" at the Showbox. :!:
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    +1

It better not be at the Showbox! Do you know how big of a FUCK YOU that would be to the fans?? and the ticket sales?? CAN YOU SAY BLOODBATH, PEOPLE SELLING THEIR FIRST BORNS??? :twisted:

It would be a treat for the fans . . . who can get in! :twisted: :lol:
    NERDS!
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    Slow Moe wrote:
    Grrrl wrote:
    .... So again...what is so cool about seattle besides the grunge bands that came out of here?
    Great community for cycling, fun brewpubs, oceans & mtns nearby & some of the most beautiful forests on the planet. Not saying i wanna live there, but visiting is a lotta fun!

All reasons to move to Portland as well... Plus we've got a gorgeous coast nearby!
  • sling wrote:
    Slow Moe wrote:
    Grrrl wrote:

All reasons to move to Portland as well... Plus we've got a gorgeous coast nearby!
    +1
    NERDS!
    sling wrote:
    Slow Moe wrote:
    Grrrl wrote:

Oh, whoops... you already mentioned oceans... :oops:
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    it would be impossible to get tix for a showbox show if thats where they're doing the 20th, im guessing theyll have it at the gorge
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    Are we all just assuming that the anniversary show will be in Seattle 'cuz we're just... making an assumption, or is it based in something even a little bit solid? :D

(PLEASE let it be in Seattle!)
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    it is the city that still rocks but to cold for me yes i am a cry baby :lol:
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Grrrl wrote:
    Grrrl wrote:

No shizz...they barely play the northwest here...it's always cool when they do but they like the east coast better...but still what is so cool about seattle. just because certain bands are from seattle doesn't make it a cool place. you need to list substance people. i could say vancouver canada is the coolest place on the earth because the subhumans and doa are from there when all actuality it's not the coolest place because they have a huge homeless problem and drug problem. So again...what is so cool about seattle besides the grunge bands that came out of here?

this thread has only come about because PJ hail from there... If PJ came from San Diego then you'd see threads entitled "i wish i lived in San Diego"...

remember 'fan' is short for 'fanatic'... and there are a lot of 'fans' on this board. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i wish i have the money to travel all over the world...Seattle would be one of places i would visit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    dunkman wrote:

this thread has only come about because PJ hail from there... If PJ came from San Diego then you'd see threads entitled "i wish i lived in San Diego"...

San Diego is absolutely gorgeous, with the best weather anywhere, access to mountains and beaches, and a laid-back mentality. I would jump at the chance to live there, too.

For Grrl, who wonders what is so great about Seattle, let me count the ways: clean air; mountains; ocean; a very active populace, physically, intellectually, politically; the Burke-Gilman trail; the zoo, which is one of the best I have been to (and I have two kids who are crazy about zoos, I have been to a LOT of zoos); seaplanes; brewpubs, coffee shops, teriyaki joints; the Ballard Locks and fish ladder; the neighborhoods; Seattle Center, which manages to be weird and fascinating at the same time; the fact that Seattle is big enough to have a ton of things happening all the time, yet small enough to not be overwhelming (I'm no fan of New York).

I don't mind the weather, especially given that I am in the middle of freezing my a$$ off on the East Coast again this winter.

What's not so great about Seattle: the traffic (although traffic is horrible in a number of cities); the fact that sometimes there is a bit too much of a fringe element (and not in a good way); and, okay, I admit that it can be hard to take when the weather still is cold and rainy on the first day of "summer."

I have lived in many parts of the country, and I would jump at the chance to get back to Seattle. Life is different there, the energy level is amazing.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it rained when i was there

it was 80 and sunny all 5 days days i was there both in 02 and 09
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Slow MoeSlow Moe Posts: 87
    sling wrote:
    Slow Moe wrote:
    Grrrl wrote:

Yeah, i know.... I had intended to go down to Portland to hang out & ride for a few days in the city and the Columbia Gorge after the 2 shows in Seattle last fall, but somehow we wound up over on the Oregon coast & stayed there a few days instead. It was nice too, but now I need to come back out to the PAC-NW again just to hang out in Portland. BTW, we spent some time down in Olympia. Smaller city but I thought that was cool too. Found an AWESOME brewpub there (Fishtail???) that had great beer & pretty good food too.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    SH17171 wrote:
    it is the city that still rocks but to cold for me yes i am a cry baby :lol:

ha, true that. Seattle is the coldest place i've ever been, although i haven't been to Europe. but it was even colder in November in Seattle then Xmas in Vancouver and Skiing in Whistler.

that wind just fucking blows through you, no matter what you are wearing and the rain. sure it looked like a nice city, and i wish i saw more of it, even though i spent 15 days there i didn't see much of downtown due to riots and the place being smashed up and the night time curfew. but places like the U district and mercer island were fucking nice.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,954
    I've loved Seattle everytime time I've been there.......................but I've never experienced the rainy season.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I might "Migrate" too SEATTLE...So people who are there!...Better start *Running*...lol :P
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    +1

lmfao

It will be at msg. Seattle area is to obvious for the 20th anny concert.

It was 75 and sunny when I was out there in 08.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?