SNL going down without tickets

ScottandPearlJamScottandPearlJam Posts: 1,126
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Do you think its worth it to go down without tickets? Yea, there is a good chance i might see the band but I really want to get in. What do you think?

Scott
10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
5/21/10 9/7/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    there's a chance you won't get in too

but if you don't go... there's no chance you'll get in
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    if you are ok with going there and not getting in, then why not. however i will say i used to work at nbc, and still have several connections there. even the people who work there cant get SNL tix. it is impossible. i would say your chances of getting in day of show are probably about .00001% but it can always happen. good luck :)
  • if you are ok with going there and not getting in, then why not. however i will say i used to work at nbc, and still have several connections there. even the people who work there cant get SNL tix. it is impossible. i would say your chances of getting in day of show are probably about .00001% but it can always happen. good luck :)

Does that mean you are going down and just don't want me there? J/K i live on long island so if i don't get in no biggy. Just wishful thinking i guess.
    Thanks

scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    if you are ok with going there and not getting in, then why not. however i will say i used to work at nbc, and still have several connections there. even the people who work there cant get SNL tix. it is impossible. i would say your chances of getting in day of show are probably about .00001% but it can always happen. good luck :)

good reply bro atleast you were truthful an postive an just being a prick
  • I know a woman who used to date Daryl Hammond. A while back she said "If you ever want to go to SNL, let me know". I asked her about the PJ show and she said "I would have a backup plan", which pretty much means she's probably not going to come through. But I have no idea what other backup options there are........
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"

a - I am not a bro
    b - I am not a prick
    c - I was just relaying to this person how difficult it is to get tix - i work in the industry so i know and was just trying to be helpful

this post reminds me of why i usually stay away from the place, bc you try to give people info and they are nothing but assholes.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687

a - I am not a bro
    b - I am not a prick
    c - I was just relaying to this person how difficult it is to get tix - i work in the industry so i know and was just trying to be helpful

this post reminds me of why i usually stay away from the place, bc you try to give people info and they are nothing but assholes.

I appreciated the info..... ;)

Most people here aren't assholes, just a select few....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    It makes me sad to hear you say that. There might be a few bad apples on the board, but I like to think we can all peacefully coexist.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I know tons of wonderful people on here believe me! ECM you are one ;) but EVERY time I have ever tried to post info I know about I get a nasty response. Just tired of it and it's not worth sharing. You try to be helpful and get slammed inevitably! Oh well...
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804

a - I am not a bro
    b - I am not a prick

im quite certain Release was complimenting you. i think he has a typo in there.......why else would he say thank you for being truthfull!?
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I know tons of wonderful people on here believe me! ECM you are one ;) but EVERY time I have ever tried to post info I know about I get a nasty response. Just tired of it and it's not worth sharing. You try to be helpful and get slammed inevitably! Oh well...

don't let it get you down...the obnoxious people are always the loudest and drown out the good people...it sucks what this place has become but my theory is to keep things positive and if more peeps are positive maybe we can drown the negative pricks
  • Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    last time they played SNL i was the 3rd person on line to see the live show
    and I didn't get in, nobody did
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • pantspants Posts: 60
    I actually had two friends who live in New York manage to get in to last Saturday's SNL through their stand-by system. I can't speak to the odds of it happening, but just thought I'd share that it can be done. I don't know when they got there or anything, though, sorry. The host was Jennifer Lopez, so I'm not sure if demand was high considering she doesn't seem to do anything anymore. If anyone does attempt it, good luck!

Oh, and reading the previous posts, I do think release was trying to say thanks but made a typo. I agree with the sentiment of the replies, though, be positive and others will follow.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,259

Hey i'm glad to know you and you do rock f the creeps here :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    norm wrote:

don't let it get you down...the obnoxious people are always the loudest and drown out the good people...it sucks what this place has become but my theory is to keep things positive and if more peeps are positive maybe we can drown the negative pricks

Seems as if people love to throw their own sour grapes at any messenger who tries to deliver a dose of reality!

Lets see if anyone messes with me.... ;)

TO EVERYONE

FACT - getting into SNL will be slim to none; however does not hurt to try
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I too think Release meant to say NOT be a prick. In fact, that is how I read it in my mind.

and yes--gonna take LOTS of good luck to get into SNL :geek:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875

TO EVERYONE

go hump a unicorn Celine

;)

TO EVERYONE

go hump a unicorn Celine

;)

It's Whitney, not Celine ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • There is a way in no one has yet to mention. In 1998 when PJ played Letterman (they played Wishlist) my girlfriend and I went to the city to attempt to get in to the taping. Obviously there was a big crowd outside and a lot of people trying to get in and we pretty much resigned ourselves to just hang out and get a glimpse of the band and maybe an autograph as they went by (The band exited their van one at a time quickly, gave a quick wave without stopping and went into the building. Except for Matt, he signed a few autographs. Note: Ed was surprisingly the only one not to acknowledge the crowd at all with a wave or anything). A guy who had been waiting around all day who I wind up talking to for a bit ended up getting in to the taping. People with tix to that nights show lined up around 4pm or so and this guy went up to every single person in line and offered to buy their Letterman ticket. A dozen or so people said no until he got a yes. He paid $400 to the guy for his ticket and got in. I remember him coming out after the taping and coming over to the side dor where the band would be coming out and saying how much the money was worth it.
    Now, I'm sure opinions will vary if $400 is worth it to see PJ perform Wishlist. And what would that $400 be today to see them perform 2 songs off Backspacer?
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    i used to work at nbc
    i'm sorry for u....glad u got out though :) cutting coco = me never watching nbc again (not that theres even anything to watch on it anyways!)

Hey i'm glad to know you and you do rock f the creeps here :)

and I am glad o know you too - thanks bud :)
    paakjerjr wrote:
    There is a way in no one has yet to mention. In 1998 when PJ played Letterman (they played Wishlist) my girlfriend and I went to the city to attempt to get in to the taping. Obviously there was a big crowd outside and a lot of people trying to get in and we pretty much resigned ourselves to just hang out and get a glimpse of the band and maybe an autograph as they went by (The band exited their van one at a time quickly, gave a quick wave without stopping and went into the building. Except for Matt, he signed a few autographs. Note: Ed was surprisingly the only one not to acknowledge the crowd at all with a wave or anything). A guy who had been waiting around all day who I wind up talking to for a bit ended up getting in to the taping. People with tix to that nights show lined up around 4pm or so and this guy went up to every single person in line and offered to buy their Letterman ticket. A dozen or so people said no until he got a yes. He paid $400 to the guy for his ticket and got in. I remember him coming out after the taping and coming over to the side dor where the band would be coming out and saying how much the money was worth it.
    Now, I'm sure opinions will vary if $400 is worth it to see PJ perform Wishlist. And what would that $400 be today to see them perform 2 songs off Backspacer?

For Letterman there are definitely better chances. I work for CBS, and it is MUCH easier to get ix to see Dave. SNL is different. However, you could always offer $$ to the people since tix are free and they stand to make a good amount of money. That's why I said it could be worth trying, but be ready to be shut out. It's just a really tough ticket to get.

If the poster did make a typo, of course I retract what I was saying. I took it more of a sarcastic remark. ahhh the joys of message boards, texts, emails and typos :D
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Pearl jam on any show is hard to get tix for. I'm just lucky enough to have a buddy who plays in lettermans band. Snl is impossible without a serious connection. Lettermans impossible for tix when pj is playing. Trust me I know. I've been to all of them since I moved to eastcoast in 1999. I've seen first hand how you have to know someone to get in. Trust me without my buddy I wouldve never got to see them on letterman, the special letterman concert or snl. I'm still waiting to hear if I get in to snl.
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    This thread has been very helpful in making up my decision. I think I'll head over in the morning and at least check out the scene.
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11