Leno

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I hate to say I told you so.....Leno = Ratings Beast

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/02/le ... turn/43507
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    You mean you love to say "I told you so".
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We watched him in the 10pm slot and really kind of got used to him being around ;) so today I set the dvr to tape him nightly if for nothing more than the monolog. We are sound asleep at 11:30
    I find him endearing but I know some have issues with him
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    yawn
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    yawn
    Shouldn't you be doing your laundry?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:
    yawn
    Shouldn't you be doing your laundry?

in due time
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    yawn

Don't you wish you could block people here like on Twitter. People that right zzzzzzzz or yawn = Blocked.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it'll be interesting to see what happens in about 2 weeks. i suspect Leno will stay ahead of letterman and will crush conan's late night numbers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    ? didnt leno wine like a little bitch to get his spot back?.. to me Leno is tha same no matter what time of day,,, :mrgreen:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Ratings don't equal funny

Britney spears was the biggest selling artist for a while..... Did that mean she was good??

Old people looooove leno
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    shadowcast wrote:
    I hate to say I told you so.....Leno = Ratings Beast

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/02/le ... turn/43507

and i quote
    Nobody should be surprised at all about the numbers for Leno’s first night back. The real test will be where things are in a month or two.

also, wasn't sarah palin a guest? and even if his ratings do go back to where they were, what does this prove?

it proves that a lot of the country isn't very bright
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Am I the only person in the world who doesn't really care about Leno or Letterman?

I think so.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I've always been a Dave fan, and I think that Leno taking back the tonight show is a classless act. I will never watch it.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Lizard wrote:
    Am I the only person in the world who doesn't really care about Leno or Letterman?

I think so.

team coco:) ????
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    Lizard wrote:

I think so.
    no i agree. i'd rather watch some old don kirshner rock and roll shows or something. late night t.v. blows
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    is an anvil chinned beyotch
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Leno ain't so bad, but he's no Conan. I had to watch the beginning of Leno, but Dave brilliantly brought Bill Murray on last night, so I switched over for that.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

I think so.

team coco:) ????

:lol::lol:

nope.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    ugh. i can't stand Leno. i only switched over to him before when he had a decent musical guest. after the shit he pulled on Conan, i won't watch him ever again. what an asshole.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    if coco puffs was so great, his ratings would have been better than they were and he would still have the gig.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Old people looooove leno
    I keep hearing this and I don't quite get it. :? :eh:
    What do you mean by old people? I mean, how old is old?
    Just asking. :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • People should have been watching Letterman last night. Bill Murray was on and was hilarious.

I think Letterman was trying to reel in the Canadians, as he had very funny things to say about Canada, and he must know how much we love to be referenced. :)
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I watched about half of Leno's monologue last night, didn't come close to laughing, then flipped over to the second half of Letterman's monologue and laughed about 4 times in 3 minutes. Viva Dave!

Also, these are the best jokes Leno could come up with in preparing the last 2 months? Weak sauce.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I've always been a Dave fan, and I think that Leno taking back the tonight show is a classless act. I will never watch it.

I think a lot of people have this sentiment, but this has no effect on the ratings since you and all the others holding this grudge were Dave fans to start.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    81 wrote:
    if coco puffs was so great, his ratings would have been better than they were and he would still have the gig.

No they wouldn't it's been said before but:
    Dave and Coco's styles were simular and people will choose Dave because of his seniority in late night.

People who still liked Jay didn't have to substitute and disburse their viewership loyalty since he was still on the air

O'Brien was still getting his feet wet from the new show

It's economics: There were too many substitutions for O'Briens show. NBC thought Leno would be a complimentary good for O'Brien but it ended up as a substitution.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    i disagree. Coco is nice at the last slot, but not in late nite prime time. He was too dorky, and was a horible interviewer. Letterman knows how to do an interview. maybe in 10 years coco puffs will figure that part out.

I will say, i caught a little of Leno with Palin and that was painful (mostly because of the guest), so i flipped on Letterman with Mitt. Good interview, with series questions and a few laughs tossed in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i will never watch him again...ever. i made that pledge in the heat of the conan/leno war. leno is a jerk, who is clueless.
    i will never watch him again...ever. i made that pledge in the heat of the conan/leno war. leno is a jerk, who is clueless.

and Conan can't deliver ratings.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    shadowcast wrote:
    yawn

Don't you wish you could block people here like on Twitter. People that right zzzzzzzz or yawn = Blocked.

i would like to be able to block people that write right instead of write

:mrgreen:
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    shadowcast wrote:
    yawn

i would like to be able to block people that write right instead of write

:mrgreen:

Very funny.....now you are blocked. :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Have you seen this, have you heard about this? :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2