Very neat website...a bit scary at the same time!

JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A co-worker just e-mailed me this site: http://www.vpike.com/

I found my house in 2 seconds. Technology is a bit scary...
If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    it's Just "Google Maps"...been around awhile now!...but yeah 'Scary thought' though!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    old news.

you can't "walk" past my place. sort of weird, but my town is pretty much unmapped with google maps.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just dropping into a random part of chicago and found some mapping that was done at night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • That's actually a newer view of my house than google maps. I don't like this stuff. Anybody can drive by my house and see exactly what these websites show, but I don't like it plastered on the internet. An overhead satellite view of my place is one thing, but these street views annoy me.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    i_lov_it wrote:
    it's Just "Google Maps"...been around awhile now!...but yeah 'Scary thought' though!

I guess i'm a bit out of the loop. Heard of Google Maps but never checked it out before.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Yea this is nothing new. But I found my old house with my old car parked near it. Pretty strange looking at it.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09