Nick Drake & B Sides Question

rxhavocrxhavoc Posts: 14
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Anybody heard any updated news on the Nick Drake tribute album that Eddie did a song for that was supposed to come out last year?

Also, not sure if it's been discussed already, but given what has happened with Backspacer, do you think B sides are a thing of the past? : (
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    Good question.

I also remember hearing Eddie was going to be on a tribute album for Sonic Youth that was going to be in the Starbucks label or something.

And what about Eddie on that Ron Wood album?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    No one?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    Evensteven wrote:
    Good question.

I also remember hearing Eddie was going to be on a tribute album for Sonic Youth that was going to be in the Starbucks label or something.

And what about Eddie on that Ron Wood album?

Haven't heard anything in almost a year on the Nick Drake tribute. I think it may have been shelved, though. As for the SY thing, it wasn't a tribute album... it was a greatest hits album called "Hits are for Squares" with celebrities, etc., selecting the tracks. Ed selected Teenage Riot.

Haven't heard anything on the Ron Wood album, though.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Anything new on the Ron Wood solo album?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Ed did an interview a few months after news he would be on the Nick Drake album.....the interviewer asked about it and Ed said he heard that too but he had no idea where his name got involved, he had no plans to do it.