Options

The Ticketmaster Hackers

marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
edited March 2010 in A Moving Train
Feds: Hackers Nabbed 1M Ticketmaster Tix
Men Skirted Ticket-Selling Giant's Safeguards, Buying a Million Concert and Sports Tickets; Resold Them for $25 Million

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/ ... 5725.shtml

I wonder what if any complicity ticketmaster had with these guys but maybe I'm just paranoid about ticketmaster. But it is possible ticketmaster may have asked them to take the fall for a negotiated sum or something as there may have been much more money at stake then mentioned. It's just that ticketmaster thieves sounds redundant.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I don't think that there was any complicity... TM has done a lot technology-wise over the years to twart brokers. They make a TON of money legitimately selling tickets, and have launched their own resell platform to get in on the broker action.

Like I said, they make a ton of money, and have merged with the biggest concert promoter in the world to make tons more money, why risk all that by opening themselves up to a legal battle & big time criminal charges for something like $25 million in profits?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln