wes anderson

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
maybe the most hipster filmmaker out there right now. what do you think of his work?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DriftEdDriftEd Posts: 74
    I love all of his movies.

Bottle Rocket (1996)
    Rushmore (1998)
    The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
    The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
    The Darjeeling Limited (2007)

All of these films remind me of specific times in my life and the frequency with wich I quote them is freakish...

I have not seen Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    life aquatic probably cracks my top 5. great film, great director.
  • DriftEdDriftEd Posts: 74
    life aquatic probably cracks my top 5. great film, great director.
    Agree! I used to think that Bottle Rocket or The Royal Tenenbaums was my favorite until I saw "Aquatic"...brilliant!
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    love aquatic and mr. fox... the other ones are great in their own quirky ways too... except bottlerocket... regardless of how you feel about his brand of story telling and cartoonish salinger-esque characters you cant deny the expertise of his cinematography... its a shame he gets thrown in with the "indie scene"... even if he did create it... theres serious attention paid to detail that you dont see with your run of the mill "hipster"

check out mr. fox if you havent! i know alot of my friends were reluctant cause it was a "cartoon"... but its actually a really funny movie for any age
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i watched the darjeeling limited over the weekend for the first time since the theatrical release. it's not his best, but it's a damn good film with beautiful cinamatography and as usual, outstanding soundtack.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I like some of his stuff, but I think a lot of it is quirky for the sake of being quirky. Over time they've started to feel a little formulaic. Good movies, but he sticks with his style, which is really all that sets his movies apart. I don't find the plots themselves all that interesting, it's just the way he tells it that makes them so. I wouldn't call him a one trick pony or anything, but I'd like to see him evolve some. I don't think he's really expanded on what he's trying to do, he sticks with what has worked. It's one thing to have a style, it's another to have a template. I wouldn't want him to become just another Hollywood director, but I'd also like to see him just not repeat himself.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    The Royal Tennenbaums took a little while for me to fully appreciate it, but what a good movie! Moonrise Kingdom, on the other hand, I loved from the start and still love.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2