Street parties all over Canada!!!

FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Whoa, impromptu street parties everywhere. What a finish :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What a great finish!!! :D

I'm having a beer but thinking I should be out on 4th St or go to 17th Ave. My street is quiet but even right after the game I could hear car horns honking and yelling going on. Thank you, Canada.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Canada should take tomorrow off and party all night!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,052
    norm wrote:
    I could see a WHOLE country taking the day off!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:

Well it is Canada

;):D
  • Neil is playing :D
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,052
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:

Well it is Canada

;):D
    And it IS hockey!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Awesome finish to a great hockey game!!!
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Monday should be declared a national holiday, eh.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    Monday should be declared a national holiday, eh.

Aren't you out partying??!!

It should be national holiday. What a painful closing ceremony though...holy fucking shitty music...well not Neil.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Congrats to you guys! I sure enjoyed it. Great Olympics! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I went out and celebrated in 2002, but stayed at home with my family this time around, and honestly, I think we were just as loud and crazy as everybody on the streets. :)

My friend lives on Yonge St. and said it's crazy!!! She avoided the total chaos and stayed on her balcony with friends, yelling and waving flags.
    What a painful closing ceremony though...holy fucking shitty music...well not Neil.

I enjoyed the closing ceremony, up until Nickelback et al., took the stage.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Really? I mean, seriously?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    What is a "Canada"?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Whoa, impromptu street parties everywhere. What a finish :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I ***THOUGHT*** going to CANADA...was " " ONE " " Big street PARTY anyway!...lol :P
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    i_lov_it wrote:

I ***THOUGHT*** going to CANADA...was " " ONE " " Big street PARTY anyway!...lol :P

Well, of course it is. You're welcome anytime :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I think I just saw Terrence & Phillip going streaking.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    i_lov_it wrote:

Well, of course it is. You're welcome anytime :mrgreen::mrgreen:

lol..... :P
  • sounds rad

pics?

congrats again canada
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • On my local news this morning they were doing a segment outside and there was a man in his Canada Jersey standing right behind them talking and rambling on during the whole broadcast. At the end the reporter said "There's still some people out celebrating, so be careful on the roads" :lol:
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I just got to work and have not sleep yet. Great day for canada. man i am drunk right now. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO