Options

10C Question?

PickleNutPickleNut Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I was curious... a friend and I were discussing our 10C membership #'s and he gave me the impression they all started with 100,001. Is this true.. or did they start at 1?

Thanks. A beer is one the line here.

k.o.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    PickleNut wrote:
    I was curious... a friend and I were discussing our 10C membership #'s and he gave me the impression they all started with 100,001. Is this true.. or did they start at 1?

Thanks. A beer is one the line here.

k.o.

they start at one I believe. I know of people that have numbers in the 40k's so I imagine there are others below them. I always have to remind myself that 10c started way way back and the guys in the lower numbers might not be fans anymore, let their number expire, died or whatever and once they have used it they don't use it again.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    No idea what your friends talking about my number is 32,###, I joined in 92 or 93.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    theres a person on touring fans with the 10c number 2xxx and assuming theyre not lying, thats well under 100,001
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    they started with 1

at the very most, they started at 1000. i've not met anyone with a 3 digit number, but i've met a couple with 4 digit numbers, and mine is five digits.

the lowest person i know well is a 23xxx

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    what do they do with the low numbers that get "abandoned" by their previous owners..? Couldnt they just make competitions or lottery.. so that some lucky fan with a sucky high member number could get a lower number ;) lol :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    finnannie wrote:
    what do they do with the low numbers that get "abandoned" by their previous owners..? Couldnt they just make competitions or lottery.. so that some lucky fan with a sucky high member number could get a lower number ;) lol :D

i think its a fantastic idea.. makes sense too!

Or i guess its just easier for them to skip the number
  • Options
    i think its a fantastic idea.. makes sense too!

Or i guess its just easier for them to skip the number

Yes, it does make sense - - it would certainly bring the lottery thing, which we now have, to another level :D How exciting would it be for example, to enter into a 10c contest (make a poster, make a song.. whatever) and know that theres a price like that waiting... ;) Or just randomly receive an email from 10c that your member number has been upgraded through a lottery of abandoned 10c numbers.... woah.. They should do this. :)
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Not sure I agree with the lottery for the expired numbers. By default the your number gets better and better as others let theirs expire.
    So, cutting in line isn't cool with me but at the end it dosen't really matter.

I have a five digit number so, I know they didn't start with 100,000.
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    Not sure I agree with the lottery for the expired numbers. By default the your number gets better and better as others let theirs expire.
    So, cutting in line isn't cool with me but at the end it dosen't really matter.

Yeah i don't like the "cutting" part, but if 10c just re-assigned all the numbers, you would know exactly how close to the top you are.
    they need to eliminate all the expired numbers and push everyone together.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    FrankieG wrote:
    Yeah i don't like the "cutting" part, but if 10c just re-assigned all the numbers, you would know exactly how close to the top you are.

Cool Idea!! Just for curiousity.
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:

I don't like the "cutting in the line" comparison here, its not like we're lined up to a hot dog stand - and btw, if we were -- the hot dogs would be gone by the time the "end of the line"-people would get there - a bad comparison, i know. I have all the respect to the senior - members - but it would be nice to "shake" the order once in a while.. even if just a little, and maybe let some of the younger/newer fans enjoy the benefits what come along with a low number. :) And the new lottery thing is fantastic, though maybe it reaches only very few "crappy number" fans, Im not sure. Believe me, if I had a time machine, I would transport myself magically to a place and time where I could have joined "the club" earlier and of course enjoyed the music right from the start.

Just wanting to point out that there's always room for improvement :) (although some of you might "kill me off" right away). The whole system just seems a bit elitistic to me, thats.. all. ;) Maybe there should be two groups.. the senior fans, and the newer fans -- and the 10c seats could be split between these two groups, both groups would have similar amount of seats in certain places.. kind of spreading the equality around the fan base. (i know the membership isnt just about the seats. . of course) - but still. Give some more love to the new guys too ;)

okay I'm rambling..

I'm not crazy -- I'm cool with the system as it is, its a great system for a fan club. But I know that you must know too, that PJ isn't just a band, its something much more - ideologies, politics, life, music that touches the core of our souls... and everything. :D

-PEACE- love <3

(dont kill me, im up at 5am here.. to excited about the shows I'll be seeing next week)