SNL "we are the world" Eddie impersonation

2»

Comments

• just terrible.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Funniest thing on SNL this year so far has been Jon Hamm in the Sergio digital short. (Of course better if you actually remember the greasy sax dude from the beach party in "Lost Boys")
  • DedvwDedvw Posts: 246
    It was bad, but made a very good point. We are the World 2 is horrible.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whens the last time ed wore a boyscout shirt ?

The show is in a state of flux, which happens every few seasons on that show.

35 years old now, it has gone thru ups and downs throughout.

When Julia Louise Dreyfuss was on there, or when Billy Crystal appeared ,
    the show just wasnt that good.

Of course it has to do with a turnstyle type of door where writers come and go with a high turnover.

Right now Kristen Wiig is probably the funniest, with a very close 2nd going to Fred Armissen.
    Sudekis and Hader are up there, too.

Also of note, Abby Elliott is now in the cast , following in her fathers footsteps .
    ( Chris Elliot was a cast member and also appeared as the guy that lived in the stairs on The Letterman show - you know the goofy bald headed dude )

also the granddaughter of Bob Elliot of Bob & Ray.
    I miss igotid88
  • He got the look and the mannerisms (hands, swaying back and forth) perfect, but sounded nothing like Vedder.

The best We are the World spoof was back in the early 90s when SNL did the song to benefit Free Range Chickens. Now that was awesome. And like the original We Are the World, it featured "Bob Dylan." I think Sandler was Axl.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • soonerdeadsoonerdead Posts: 117
    He got the look and the mannerisms (hands, swaying back and forth) perfect, but sounded nothing like Vedder.

The best We are the World spoof was back in the early 90s when SNL did the song to benefit Free Range Chickens. Now that was awesome. And like the original We Are the World, it featured "Bob Dylan." I think Sandler was Axl.

tell the world to tell the chicken we're on our way
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    Abby Elliot nailed Melissa Ethridge i think. that was great
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    I prefer Sandler doing Vedder on the we-are-the-world style benefit to get Jordan to rethink retiring in the 90s "Eeee, Ohhh, Ramma Damma Dinga who's Pippen gonna pass to, ah yeah!" Also had Farley doing Meat Loaf. "C'mon Michael, won't you sleep on it?"

You know this new one's bad because they have to put on the screen who everyone was supposed to be. The old versions of this joke didn't have to do that, because the impressions were funnier and more spot on. Though was it really necessary for Willie Nelson? The bandana and braids should be a dead giveaway.