Pearl Jam donate $200,000 to Haiti Relief Effort

Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I hadn't seen this. Wow, that's a lot of money, and this doesn't include the 'My City of Ruin" release. You gotta tip your hat to this band time and time again.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/pearl-jam-donate-200000-to-haiti-relief-effort_1130191
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    good chunk of dosh for sure
  • great!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    good they should it's pocket change to them. in fact, they should have donated more.
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,390
    Great work PJ!

Was it difficult for them to find a stock photo of the band?
  • good they should it's pocket change to them. in fact, they should have donated more.

I completely agree.

Greedy bastards they are.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,503
    That's a lot of mula! Kick ass PJ! thumbsup.gif
  • demetrios wrote:
  • good shit. thats a lot of shekels.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    demetrios wrote:

not for them it's not!
  • demetrios wrote:

not for them it's not!

Are you their accountant? ;) :roll:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Well if every band gave that much it would amount to a huge load of cash so good on PJ for stepping in to help. Did all you who criticise give what was proportionate to your net worth? We at work (my part time job not my full time) have raised over £2000 when we earn minimum wage which is alot to most there as its their full time job. Hats off to anyone who has helped with this terrible disaster.
  • good they should it's pocket change to them. in fact, they should have donated more.

I never can tell if people are serious around here... if so eeesh..
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    good they should it's pocket change to them. in fact, they should have donated more.
    That is a very gracious donation from one band. It's more than enough considering these guys didnt have to donate a dime, but they are indeed a very giving set of guys..
    To put it in perspective, the entire NHL(National Hockey League) and its 30 teams only donated $100,000 to the Efforts.

It's great to hear this.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    demetrios wrote:

not for them it's not!

Are you their accountant? ;) :roll:

yep.
    :o

I strongly disagree.... again ;)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    That is a very gracious donation from one band. It's more than enough considering these guys didnt have to donate a dime, but they are indeed a very giving set of guys..
    To put it in perspective, the entire NHL(National Hockey League) and its 30 teams only donated $100,000 to the Efforts.

It's great to hear this.

Wow only $100,000?!?! that's pretty lame compared to the amount of money PJ donated... Indeed this band is one of a kind! :thumbup:
    México 24/11/2011
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I'm not surprised to hear they donated a good amount. Great job guys! :) I hope the organization(s) they donated to puts that money to good use.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    :o

I strongly disagree.... again ;)

I thought it was obvous it was a joke.
    I need to stop being sarcastic on boards no one gets it
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • TrAvELAr wrote:
    Was it difficult for them to find a stock photo of the band?
    Seriously.
    :lol::lol:
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    they are good boys and we have raised them well