Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I'm myself like you somehow.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Yield72 wrote:
    Wow...they have the Mothership on LP too. That's be nice to have.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    This is getting less limited by the day.....
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    thanks! They charge more, but I think it's definately worth it. And thanks to Sandra for letting me know :). I hope this forth attempt to get the vinyl will work for me.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    Don't get your hopes up to high:
    The stock we had on the Eddie Vedder LP is running out. We ordered new ones at our Dutch distributor, but he indicates that this title might have a relatively long (expected) delivery-time; He expects to be able to deliver it to us in about 10 business-days.

Once the LP has been delivered to us we will immideatly send you your order.

Best regards,
    Meindert
    VelvetMusic Online BV
    http://www.VelvetMusic.nl

It sounds like they didn't realise it was limited...
  • Options
    You might have as much luck ordering this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chinese-Democracy-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B000NQDFP8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1202743880&sr=8-1

Which has been available for Pre-Order for over 8 years...
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    No, I think I was lucky (is: in time, this time). My reply said they still had it and I might even receive it tomorrow already :).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    So is this too good to be true?
  • Options
    Vynil?
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    im gonna try to get one from this site -

wierd tho, when i go through checkout - it doesnt ask for payment info, says order has been processed, and they will send a payment request?

ok...i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens - it'll be cool if i can finally get my hands on this vinyl
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:

wierd tho, when i go through checkout - it doesnt ask for payment info, says order has been processed, and they will send a payment request?

ok...i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens - it'll be cool if i can finally get my hands on this vinyl

I tried.....this morning and got a email asking for payment through paypal about an hour later. Sent my payment through paypal.

Still waiting for a confimation email saying it's good....assuming they do.

Hope it works. I was just wondering if I got ripped off and am out $91.

Anyone from over there (or anywhere) buy anything from this place before?
  • Options
    This is getting less limited by the day.....

i think its the opposite. the 3 record stores around here all found out they won't be receiving any of the copies they thought they would.
  • Options
    adhesive3 wrote:
    i think its the opposite. the 3 record stores around here all found out they won't be receiving any of the copies they thought they would.
    You know there will be some stores where a few of these will sit and collect dust for a long time.
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:

I make my order a month ago, and recive the payment request yesterday.
    I think that they only recive the vynil to send at this time.
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    so how much would one be with the american dollar?
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    BUFFALO wrote:
    so how much would one be with the american dollar?
    $91. About the same or a little less than ebay. Only because of the $25 shipping fee. I don't care...I want it...and ebay can be iffy. Not saying I'm positive I didn't just throw away paying this place.....but dam it....i want it.
  • Options
    $91. About the same or a little less than ebay. Only because of the $25 shipping fee. I don't care...I want it...and ebay can be iffy. Not saying I'm positive I didn't just throw away paying this place.....but dam it....i want it.
    please dont bring up ebay . Ithink people need to go to shopping on ebay 101. almost every item , these buyers get into a bidding war with 6 days left to go for the item ... come on . thats just stupid
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

oh schnapps! $91 ?? I guess i was doing the currency conversion wrong, I was converting NL Guilders -

so the LP is 38.28 euros + 25.00 euros shipping to US ?
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    oh schnapps! $91 ?? I guess i was doing the currency conversion wrong, I was converting NL Guilders -

so the LP is 38.28 euros + 25.00 euros shipping to US ?

Yes, this is the right price
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    yeah, the price + shipping makes it really quite expensive... except for Mirella since they ship free in Netherlands :)
  • Options
    average has gone up on ebay the last couple days. well over $100.
  • Options
    average has gone up on ebay the last couple days. well over $100.
    hell yeah ummmmm like 165 plus shipping ...wow

I tried.....this morning and got a email asking for payment through paypal about an hour later. Sent my payment through paypal.

Still waiting for a confimation email saying it's good....assuming they do.

Hope it works. I was just wondering if I got ripped off and am out $91.

Anyone from over there (or anywhere) buy anything from this place before?

i ordered my copy of ITW there and received it today... Velvet is top notch, take it from a faithful customer! i order all my vinyl there, excellent quality and service. they'll go to hell and back to get your vinyl for ya if they have to. ;):D
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    hell yeah ummmmm like 165 plus shipping ...wow

I was watching that one out of interest... There were no extra bids on it for like the last day or something, which suggestes the bidders realised there were a few more sources for this. Once people stop being able to buy it elsewhere the true price will come out. I think it's just hype just now.
  • Options
    Davanita wrote:
    i ordered my copy of ITW there and received it today... Velvet is top notch, take it from a faithful customer! i order all my vinyl there, excellent quality and service. they'll go to hell and back to get your vinyl for ya if they have to. ;):D

Calm my nerves then. I assume they don't send out confirmation emails when an order has been recieved or when an order ships?

When did you order it from them? I ordered a copy from them on Monday. And I realize it will take longer to get it over here.

I will take your word and patiently wait for mine.

Thanks Davanita
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    Calm my nerves then. I assume they don't send out confirmation emails when an order has been recieved or when an order ships?

When did you order it from them? I ordered a copy from them on Monday. And I realize it will take longer to get it over here.

I will take your word and patiently wait for mine.

Thanks Davanita

You should receive a confirmation email within 24 (work) hours following your order. They won't send you a notification when they ship your LP, they will only give you an indication of process time in your confirmation email and on the web page with the details of the item your ordered. If you placed an order 2 or more work days ago, I think you should send them an email asking for confirmation.

I just checked the Velvet website and unfortunately the LP is already sold out... :( http://www.velvetmusic.nl/shopping/product_details.php?id=4075053&lang=en
    It's possible your order was just in time, but if they messed up with your confirmation email (which seems unlikely to me, but anything's possible...) I don't know if you'll be able to order it here...

I ordered my copy December 18th, the same day - I believe - Velvet announced they would distribute ITW on vinyl. Back then it wasn't even official yet, so I had to wait a long time to even find out if this copy was legit (I emailed them late January and they said it was), but I finally received it yesterday - including the booklet and 7" single - all in perfect condition.

I really hope you didn't miss out, good luck!
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    Davanita wrote:
    You should receive a confirmation email within 24 (work) hours following your order. They won't send you a notification when they ship your LP, they will only give you an indication of process time in your confirmation email and on the web page with the details of the item your ordered. If you placed an order 2 or more work days ago, I think you should send them an email asking for confirmation.

I just checked the Velvet website and unfortunately the LP is already sold out... :( http://www.velvetmusic.nl/shopping/product_details.php?id=4075053&lang=en
    It's possible your order was just in time, but if they messed up with your confirmation email (which seems unlikely to me, but anything's possible...) I don't know if you'll be able to order it here...

I ordered my copy December 18th, the same day - I believe - Velvet announced they would distribute ITW on vinyl. Back then it wasn't even official yet, so I had to wait a long time to even find out if this copy was legit (I emailed them late January and they said it was), but I finally received it yesterday - including the booklet and 7" single - all in perfect condition.

I really hope you didn't miss out, good luck!

Well....after going back and forth with Elbert at Velvet Music the last couple days.....I finally got this resolved. Here's the wonderful email he sent me this morning. FUCKIN' A!!!!

Hi Justin,

With this information, I was able to find your order.
    We have sent out the LP yesterday!

It is correct that we do not have any copy's left at this moment, but because you placed your order when we did have a few copies, you're one of the lucky ones that will receive it. We have re-ordered the LP, but since it's a very limited edition, it is not sure wether we will receive it again (we are doing our best).

Best regards,
    Elbert
    VelvetMusic Online BV
    http://www.velvetmusic.nl
  • Options
    Well....after going back and forth with Elbert at Velvet Music the last couple days.....I finally got this resolved. Here's the wonderful email he sent me this morning. FUCKIN' A!!!!

Hi Justin,

It is correct that we do not have any copy's left at this moment, but because you placed your order when we did have a few copies, you're one of the lucky ones that will receive it. We have re-ordered the LP, but since it's a very limited edition, it is not sure wether we will receive it again (we are doing our best).

Best regards,
    Elbert
    VelvetMusic Online BV

Do you know your order date and time?
  • Options
    Do you know your order date and time?

Not sure what you're looking for.....I think I placed the order Sunday and got the email to pay for it through paypal Monday morning.

??
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854

Hi Justin,

Best regards,
    Elbert
    VelvetMusic Online BV

awesome!!!!! :D
    i'm so happy you had success :) enjoy the record!! (you will... believe me.... ;))