National Record Store Day?

Father HubbardFather Hubbard Posts: 1,592
edited March 2010 in The Porch
April 17th. Maybe we'll see an ep or philly vinyl or something.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Man that would be cool. Last year Tim, the fan club president, had a sticky going and a note on the home page about National Record Store Day and was disappointed that PJ didn't bring anything to the table. I hope they do something this year.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • April 17th. Maybe we'll see an ep or philly vinyl or something.
    I don't like EP's. They're too short!
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • CanadianEH wrote:

so you don't like backspacer then? ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    youngster wrote:
    Man that would be cool. Last year Tim, the fan club president, had a sticky going and a note on the home page about National Record Store Day and was disappointed that PJ didn't bring anything to the table. I hope they do something this year.

Would be grand if they did an Easy Street Part 2 type of appearance. And the remaining lp's 10club have @ the warehouse (singles, lp's, christmas singles etc..) they have a one day sale online. ;)
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    CanadianEH wrote:

so you don't like backspacer then? ;)
    HEYOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    demetrios wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Would be grand if they did an Easy Street Part 2 type of appearance. And the remaining lp's 10club have @ the warehouse (singles, lp's, christmas singles etc..) they have a one day sale online. ;)

I like the way you think.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    those are all gone by me, the last one died out about 2 years ago(The Crow's Nest), now I have to go all the way to Chicago
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Posts: 1,592
    i bet more than a few here got the email, but soundgarden is putting out a special, limited edition orange reissue of their debut single "hunted down" b/w "nothing to say" for 4/17.
    if unthought known gets released, maybe they can put that out for national record store day with an actual non-album bside. still have that xmas single to get out though...
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    ooooooeeewooooooooooo just in time for my move to a new town and right around the corner from an indie record shop....Record World is the name I believe....corny, yeah...but I can't wait to see what they've got!

Ya, PJ could come in there and do another Easy Street, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to hook up with the shop's owner heheheeeeee ....I'd be more than happy to be the liaison...hey, just puttin' my services out there for anyone who might be listening :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    i bet more than a few here got the email, but soundgarden is putting out a special, limited edition orange reissue of their debut single "hunted down" b/w "nothing to say" for 4/17.
    if unthought known gets released, maybe they can put that out for national record store day with an actual non-album bside. still have that xmas single to get out though...

Just hope it's not another Twitter thing for the next PJ single like the orange Fixer & get it's way on eBay every day or so. Hopefully there are a few dozen singles @ each independent record store this time around.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Record store day is the tits. The MMJ and Gaslight Anthem exclusives were my faves last year. Go out and support these stores whether PJ participates or not.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Record store day falls on the same weekend as Coachella, so last year, they had all of the record store day releases at the record store tent on the festival grounds.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    pj should play waterloo records in austin :mrgreen:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    And another good thing !~ Record Store Day falling on 4/17...just in time for our 4/20 needs :o .Indie record stores are a great place to find PJ and GD and other great stuff to make 4/20 extra enjoyable! 8-):lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~