anyone watching the news...

yataheyatahe Posts: 168
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Just thinking of Boom and all his neighbors in Hawaii. makes me think of Porch..."daily minefield...". Bless those that went through the quake in Chile too.
*KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
kristal_007@msn.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yatahe wrote:
    Just thinking of Boom and all his neighbors in Hawaii. makes me think of Porch..."daily minefield...". Bless those that went through the quake in Chile too.
    just got message from a friend ..they put them all in the 8th floor of the hotel in Hawaii ,and waiting
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • yataheyatahe Posts: 168
    yatahe wrote:
    just got message from a friend ..they put them all in the 8th floor of the hotel in Hawaii ,and waiting
    Thanks for the update.
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • yatahe wrote:
    yatahe wrote:
    Thanks for the update.
    wish all was normal and no need to update u.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • yeah i was shocked when i heard the news this morning...8.8 fuck that's a bad earthquake, thankfully Chile is a more developed nation than haiti and can recover much more easily, but that doesn't mean they don't need our help...

not to mention all of the lands in and around the ring of fire, not only hawaii, but even Washington state has a tsunami advisory...lets hope all of the guys and boom in hawaii are going to be a-ok
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    just found out my friend who's in santiago is ok. thank fuck for that...
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    8.8 is damn huge indeed. I read a report on BBC a huge wave had hit the Robinson Crusoe Islands 400 miles from Chile but nothing to add to that. The coming hours are going to be very tense for so many. I've emailed my old boss who just went back to Chile a year ago and I'm waiting for his reply.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • doompony wrote:
    ...thank fuck for that...
    elegant and endearing
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    doompony wrote:
    elegant and endearing

excuse me? get over yourself. i dont' believe in god so i'm not gonna thank him am i?
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Doompony - I heard that the waves that hit NZ are smaller than anticipated, that's good news. Any update from down there?
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    the last thing i read said... "Dr Gledhill said "we can say it's unlikely to be very destructive". The tsunami would be mainly a marine threat, he told TVNZ. Some pockets could be worse than others."

i think most people living down by the coasts are being told to be on the look out, but apparently most people are blissfully unaware and they're trying to stop people with surfboards heading down to the beaches on the east coast.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Thanks, so similar to what they're saying in Australia. My friend said there are still people all over Bondi Beach, although authorities are telling people to stay away from the water, a tsunami is not expected in Australia, just a marine warning.

The waiting drove me mad. Am currently glued to CNN.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • yataheyatahe Posts: 168
    Hopefully..."Hawaii dodged the bullet"...
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    doompony wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    elegant and endearing

excuse me? get over yourself. i dont' believe in god so i'm not gonna thank him am i?
    No, but it doesn't make your statement any classier.. I was thinking the same thing that mookeywrench put when I saw it. Yikes!
    drsluggo wrote:
    No, but it doesn't make your statement any classier.. I was thinking the same thing that mookeywrench put when I saw it. Yikes!

i don't give a fuck if you think it's a classy statement. it's none of your business how i feel knowing my friend is alive and safe.
    doompony wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

i don't give a fuck if you think it's a classy statement. it's none of your business how i feel knowing my friend is alive and safe.

Yeah I agree with that. What does the language you use really matter? I'll be anxious until I get word back from my friend in Chile too and I now know my family and friends in NZ are safe and well which makes me very relieved.

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    exactly. more important things to make comment on here. like, yes, thank you, i AM relieved my friend who only went to chile a couple of weeks ago is safe. and yes, it is a bit scary to have yet another tsunami warning in my country.
    doompony wrote:
    exactly. more important things to make comment on here. like, yes, thank you, i AM relieved my friend who only went to chile a couple of weeks ago is safe. and yes, it is a bit scary to have yet another tsunami warning in my country.

It's hard to imagine how that feels from the point of view of your own safety. I've recieved emails from friends in Hawkes Bay and relatives in Auckland and Mt. Maunganui today and although they were worried for a long time they're all thinking about people elsewhere now. There will be a lot of picking up the pieces in Chile. My friend works 10 days on and 4 off on a fish farm there and he's about 3 hours from the nearest port so I don't really know when he will reply? His family are in Concepcion and I know it was hit quite hard.

is he chilean? or scottish? all the news reports here are telling us to ring the embassy if you need to check on people. thankfully we had facebook giving us the news.

i'm not so much worried about my city. i think we're alright here, but this is the 3rd big warning we've been on in 6 months or so. last time there was no big problem. the time before that was the samoan tsunami. that wasn't fun. of the 10 people in my team at work, 3 of them are samoan with family in the islands, 1 is rarotongan with family in the islands and 1 is fijian with family in the islands. so your heart had to go out to them.
    doompony wrote:
    is he chilean? or scottish? all the news reports here are telling us to ring the embassy if you need to check on people. thankfully we had facebook giving us the news.

I finally got an email from a Chilean friend today who is safe and well in Santiago but the other ex-colleague who is the one I'm concerned about has so far not been in touch with anyone from our company. They are sending daily email updates to us so fingers are still crossed for my friend in Concepcion but communications are pretty disrupted there right now :?

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I just heard that there was a big after stock in Chile this morning and that a 6.5 earthquake has hit Taiwan!!! :( All these earthquakes are scary when you live on a fault line!
    all you need is love, love is all you need