All my Vinyl for $1

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I saw a 4 LP lot posted today on ebay: Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, & No Code. The starting bid was $1 so I said "what the hell" and threw a max bid of $60 on it. Then I got an email a few minutes ago saying my bid was removed. I went and looked and the auction was ended. I then emailed the guy, just out of curiosity, to see why it ended and received this in reponse:

"Today while I was at work my niece decided to color the sheep, play connect the squares on the No Code sleave and pretty much destroy the records. I can't sell them in the condition they are in. Apologies for not sending out a message sooner. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

UPDATE: I asked if he had pictures to see the damage and I get this:

"No, they are pretty much destroyed. As well as a few other things. Didn't even bother to take pictures, just dropped them in the trash. Bummer, but I should have known better than leave them out in the open. At least I had all the others boxed up and put away."

Eh, I offered to pay for shipping, I'll take them, the records are good, not to mention the pictures from No Code. Is this guy insane?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    Jesus man. Did he decide to leave his niece home alone whilest going to work. :lol: Who the heck was watching her?! I think it was all a scam or he actually realized selling them was just a simple, no-no.
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • I'm sure he sold them elsewhere or decided to keep them. Whatever he did, it's his auction, his records and his decision... you cant really be upset about it, can you? :lol:
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    What did I post that lead you to believe that I was upset...

You little projector.
  • What did I post that lead you to believe that I was upset...

You little projector.

oooooh flame throwing much?!

You spent a good 10 minutes ranting about it here, so yea you seem upset :P
    :0) Or... I write very descriptively. BTW, that post took 52 seconds, not 10 minutes. Anyway, the point of the post (since you missed it) was that his niece drew on his records and he threw them out (allegedly). He has since emailed me back and said they were in the dumpster already but if he felt like going for a dive later he'd let me know. lol.
  • Maybe the seller's telling the truth...maybe its a line....if my niece colored on my records there's still no way I'm tossing them into the dumpster! Keep checking his ebay account for items for sale. My guess is he figured he'd get more if he sold them individually and not as a group.
  • PontikasPontikas Posts: 210
    He is definitely lying...
  • Pontikas wrote:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Someone emailed him an offer and he took it, or he was testing the market.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Pontikas wrote:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    Pearl Jam fans have the disease of projecting. Most of you seem to assume someone is underhandedly lying about things like this. Nobody really knows what happened here. "He definitely", "He most likely", "He Probably"...

Nobody knows whether or not he sold them or he trashed them for sure. Plain and simple.
  • Pearl Jam fans have the disease of projecting. Most of you seem to assume someone is underhandedly lying about things like this. Nobody really knows what happened here. "He definitely", "He most likely", "He Probably"...

Nobody knows whether or not he sold them or he trashed them for sure. Plain and simple.
    It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out this guy is lying. Who would throw them away. If u believe this, you are totally naive.
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    It has happened to me on at least 3 occasions. Dude didn't put on a reserve and expected more $$$ - he sees he got less then he wanted and decides to feed you a line and withdraw the auction. I understand the issue, but have the guts to say "I should have put on a reserve and can't part with them for the price". May get someone who makes a stink with the eBay police, but more respectful if you ask me. But for the record, no way his story is true.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    mjb wrote:
    It has happened to me on at least 3 occasions.

Happened to me with the OP. After I paid him no less. I'm surprised he's writing about this topic at all.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    :0) Or... I write very descriptively. BTW, that post took 52 seconds, not 10 minutes. Anyway, the point of the post (since you missed it) was that his niece drew on his records and he threw them out (allegedly). He has since emailed me back and said they were in the dumpster already but if he felt like going for a dive later he'd let me know. lol.

Wow! Do you work in data entry, because even taking into consideration you may have copy and pasted the seller's quotes, that's still approximately 138 wpm. Would you be interesting in some medical billing work I can direct you to?
    I don't give a shit that I didn't get the records, it was a lowball bid. Point missed.
    jamburger wrote:

Wow! Do you work in data entry, because even taking into consideration you may have copy and pasted the seller's quotes, that's still approximately 138 wpm. Would you be interesting in some medical billing work I can direct you to?

Sure, you got an opening? :lol:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    mjb wrote:
    It has happened to me on at least 3 occasions.

Happened to me with the OP. After I paid him no less. I'm surprised he's writing about this topic at all.

See... nothing HAPPENED here. It was simply meant to share the niece drawing on the records and, plus, the dumpster dive part was funny.

Get out your....
    projector.gif
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    drama_llama.jpg