Why is there a 1969 tour setlist in the tour section

rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Why? hmmmmmm
Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    man those were great shows...before the band sold out and it was all about the music
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Yah man :lol: the music and the chicks and the..... but not the money
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    norm wrote:
    man those were great shows...before the band sold out and it was all about the music
    yup! Remember when they opened for The Who? Keith Moon and Ed beer bonging bottles of wine right on stage. Ahhh memories!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Stone is really called Connor.... of the clan McCloud. He is 450 years old and played bagpipe in his first highland band
  • four words - Hot Tub Time Machine
    Austin, TX
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    yup! Remember when they opened for The Who? Keith Moon and Ed beer bonging bottles of wine right on stage. Ahhh memories!

that was in cleveland, right?

wasn't that the same show where mike dropped too much acid and spent half the show trying to floss his teeth with his guitar strings? or did i drop too much acid and that's what i saw? :?

either way, good times :thumbup:
  • Didn't Boom play "Get Back" with The Beatles on some roof in 1969? Is it that?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    :lol::lol::lol: ahhhhhhhhh
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Didn't Boom play "Get Back" with The Beatles on some roof in 1969? Is it that?
    Don't be rediculous! That was Dave Krusen.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • maybe Lost is real
    Good evening...
  • philthehip wrote:
    Stone is really called Connor.... of the clan McCloud. He is 450 years old and played bagpipe in his first highland band

:clap: :wave:
  • That was around the same time Jim Morrison sat in with the rest of the band when they were inducted into the Rock N Roll HOF.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Why?? For the same reason we get our Christmas single in April, thats why!
  • i did nt make it to the show,,i was trying to pass to America with tony montana that time
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • This has to do with the default date in the programming language that runs the site/server Unix.

You can read all about it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=109531&hilit=1969

Some funny shit there too
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    does anybody have the boot??
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    NO WAY MAN I won't believe it. They were there man.....Jim, Jimmy ,Jimmy. Eric , Pete, Mike,Stone, Ed
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    four words - Hot Tub Time Machine
    I am so ready for that movie!
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited February 2010
    OK, I'll repost the real reason from the other thread...

Actually you're wrong.

A kid I know heard it from this guy who knows this dude who is close to an ex-girlfriend of a roadie who filled in for a cover band who once opened at the same venue that mother love bone were once considering playing, that the date was when the pearl jam kids as they where then known had a chance and fateful encounter at the same target store with their parents and had an impromptu jam using toy instruments. This meeting is quickly becoming known as the birthplace of grunge. This session went on to form the basis for most of the material on backspacer (also, the real reason for the title). There is some lost grainy camera footage of this session on reel to reel film which was taken by chance as a film camera rep filmed the performance while giving a demo at the new wonder of afforable home video camera and projectors. Rumor has it, it is being offered around to certain 'in the know' members of 10 Club who are trying to purchase it back for the band so they can offer it as a special surprise download for those who have pre-ordered backspacer from ten club. This also explains the main reason behind the target deal and why this is a 'happy and poppy' album seeing as the kids were yet to experience the pain and trials of modern life and this was refelected in the upbeat and optimistic tone in the lyrics.

As a footnote Johnny Ramone happened to walk past while the the kids were blasting out supersonic and quickly raced home to get a band together. Unfortunately pearl jam won't be credited as starting punk, but Johnny never forgot.

Unfortunately the jam came to an abrupt end when a number of other children began fighting over who would be drummer and their parents took them all home and gave them a beating, thus sparking a darker side to their personalities and lyrical themes. It took years for the kids to all find one another again.....
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
    :lol::lol: ahhhhhh
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • OK, I'll repost the real reason from the other thread...

Actually you're wrong.

A kid I know heard it from this guy who knows this dude who is close to an ex-girlfriend of a roadie who filled in for a cover band who once opened at the same venue that mother love bone were once considering playing, that the date was when the pearl jam kids as they where then known had a chance and fateful encounter at the same target store with their parents and had an impromptu jam using toy instruments. This meeting is quickly becoming known as the birthplace of grunge. This session went on to form the basis for most of the material on backspacer (also, the real reason for the title). There is some lost grainy camera footage of this session on reel to reel film which was taken by chance as a film camera rep filmed the performance while giving a demo at the new wonder of afforable home video camera and projectors. Rumor has it, it is being offered around to certain 'in the know' members of 10 Club who are trying to purchase it back for the band so they can offer it as a special surprise download for those who have pre-ordered backspacer from ten club. This also explains the main reason behind the target deal and why this is a 'happy and poppy' album seeing as the kids were yet to experience the pain and trials of modern life and this was refelected in the upbeat and optimistic tone in the lyrics.

As a footnote Johnny Ramone happened to walk past while the the kids were blasting out supersonic and quickly raced home to get a band together. Unfortunately pearl jam won't be credited as starting punk, but Johnny never forgot.

Unfortunately the jam came to an abrupt end when a number of other children began fighting over who would be drummer and their parents took them all home and gave them a beating, thus sparking a darker side to their personalities and lyrical themes. It took years for the kids to all find one another again.....
    deja vu
    :think:
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    The 10c staff are just a bunch of perverts and wanted to write 69