company meeting bloopers

cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I just had to attend a two hour company meeting with about 700 people in attendance.
Typically at these meetings, the VP guy takes a break midway to throw out these little stress balls to the employees. Last time, however, he hit a chandelier so he can't do it anymore.
In explaining this he said the following:
"Last time, as some of you know, I accidentally hit one of these light fixtures up here. So, I'm sorry, but I have no balls today."
:lol::lol::lol:

THEN he follows it up by saying that he has some nice t-shirts from Dick's Sporting Goods (based in Pittsburgh) and he says the following:
"But instead, I have some really nice Dicks"

I can't believe I didn't lose it completely.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I take you don't have a sexual harassment policy where you work? :P :lol:
    Most places I've worked, somebody would've reported this to HR for "inappropriate" humor.
    Depending on how well I knew him, I might not be offended but out of 700 people I bet somebody would.
    Or maybe since he's the VP he doesn't think it applies to him. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited February 2010
    I take you don't have a sexual harassment policy where you work? :P :lol:
    Most places I've worked, somebody would've reported this to HR for "inappropriate" humor.
    Depending on how well I knew him, I might not be offended but out of 700 people I bet somebody would.
    Maybe those 700 people have a sense of humour ;)
    See below, sounds like they did!
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    The VP had NO IDEA what he was saying. He is a dumbfuck to put it mildly.

And the 700 people were all trying as hard not to laugh as I was.
  • cdp1223 wrote:
    The VP had NO IDEA what he was saying. He is a dumbfuck to put it mildly.

And the 700 people were all trying as hard not to laugh as I was.
    OMG even worse! :lol:

I had an outrageously stupid boss many years ago who was always saying dumb stuff without realizing it. I would just sit there and pretend very hard to be writing everything down so I could keep from laughing. :P :lol:
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I take you don't have a sexual harassment policy where you work? :P :lol:

is what he said really that bad?

one of my high school teachers was telling us how he thought a collection of flowers that some art students had completed looked like vaginas.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • I take you don't have a sexual harassment policy where you work? :P :lol:

is what he said really that bad?

one of my high school teachers was telling us how he thought a collection of flowers that some art students had completed looked like vaginas.
    Like I said, it wouldn't bother ME. But at one time I worked for a large employer (5000 employees) and as a supervisor I had to take sexual harassment training for supervisors (along with lots of other classes). I also had to take the class that was required of all employees. I thought a lot of it was extreme, because they said not to say anything remotely sexual, even in humor. What this dude said would have been considered very out of line and I guarantee HR would have heard about it.

THEN, a sexual harassment lawsuit came up and a big shot had to take early retirement. Every employee had to go through a ton more sexual harassment training with follow up meetings. Eventually they even had to tell people to quit freaking out about it so much and it was OK to hug a friend who was having a bad day or to tell someone they looked nice. :roll:

Prior to that job, I worked at a wild and crazy place where sexual humor was the order of the day. I loved it, but I learned later that a few people were very uncomfortable with it.