Will this get me arrested?

he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
February 18, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have attached proof that my insurance never lapsed and my registration was erroneously suspended. Please stop with your aggressive and contemptuous actions against my well-being.

• The state stole my registration because “lack of insurance” in August 2009.
• I have never been without car insurance. Previous to August 9, 2009 I was insured with State Farm Insurance.
• I provided proof of insurance and registration was restored with the State of PA admitting THEY HAD MADE AN ERROR.
• I traveled to York, PA to submit my “NOT GUILTY” plea but couldn’t find where to go in the courthouse and nobody could direct me to the traffic court. I discovered later that day that the traffic court is not in the courthouse. How stupid of me.
• This all stems from the state saying I was without car insurance, which I was not, which I proved via fax and hard copy several times (including attached in this letter).
• I have also attached the letter from the state of PA that admits their fault.
• Please stop harassing me. Your actions of theft and harassment would not be tolerated if these actions were performed by a citizen instead of a faceless entity with no accountability.

I am appealing this decision and WILL NOT be turning in my license plate nor will I be paying a fine.
If you or any state employee, including a police officer, attempts to collect my license plate or driver’s license (my vehicle to work which lets me feed my son and family) I will imply that as an act of criminal theft on your part which I am legally able to defend myself against. I assure you, I will defend myself.

Your Serf and Servant,
Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• To your question...I have no idea.
    But I like your style...a lot
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Probably, not that I don't agree with you.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I have no idea. But isn't living in PA a fucking blast?!?!?! :evil:
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Um... I'd probably make another phone call with a pleasant voice, but that's just me. Honey vs Vinegar.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    Um... I'd probably make another phone call with a pleasant voice, but that's just me. Honey vs Vinegar.

yeah... but this is my last ditch effort. I have spent probably 50 hours on this and I keep getting transferred... told "too bad".... that I need to send in proof of insurance AGAIN (I have had State Farm and Geico both send it 3 times which is no easy task), etc etc.

I have been a nice guy up until today. I received a letter giving me instructions on how to reinstate my license and it basically says... pay $75!!!... and even then... they will "make a decision" so who knows?

Fuck em. Now I understand the saying, "the only function of the bureaucracy is to continue existing"... they have no need to actually hear my side of the story or actually DO ANYTHING...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Fuck em. Now I understand the saying, "the only function of the bureaucracy is to continue existing"... they have no need to actually hear my side of the story or actually DO ANYTHING...

My retired dad is actually in the midst of a situation with the Social Security Commission that also proves that to be true
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    CJMST3K wrote:

yeah... but this is my last ditch effort. I have spent probably 50 hours on this and I keep getting transferred... told "too bad".... that I need to send in proof of insurance AGAIN (I have had State Farm and Geico both send it 3 times which is no easy task), etc etc.

I have been a nice guy up until today. I received a letter giving me instructions on how to reinstate my license and it basically says... pay $75!!!... and even then... they will "make a decision" so who knows?

Fuck em. Now I understand the saying, "the only function of the bureaucracy is to continue existing"... they have no need to actually hear my side of the story or actually DO ANYTHING...

An angry letter, however factual, may give them grounds to treat you bad - whereas right now they don't have those grounds.

They probably deserve this letter, but that doesn't mean it will be helpful. I guess it boils down to, do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?

I'm sure you can alter the letter to have the same facts, but with less anger towards them. You may also want to CC it to everyone you can find names for inside that courthouse. That way, your letter is definitely not missed. You could call their offices and ask for the names of supervisors in that department. If it were me, I'd (calmly) list all of the things you have been thru, and CC it to like 10 people in the courthouse, including judges who hear these cases.
  • dude ... like I've said... I've put in probably 50 hours into this thing in a calm and rational manner. Seriously, I have been nothing but a gentleman until today.

The thing is; I did absolutely nothing wrong.

Because the state made an administrative error, the burden of proof is on ME. That is fucked up.

If I harassed the state like they are harassing me, I would be in jail right now.

Yeah, I sent that letter to 5 different agencies/people in the state government and PennDOT.

edit: so if I'm missing for awhile, I'm probably sitting in jail. I've fucking lost it. It feels like I am trapped in some absurd dytopian novel.
  • CJMST3K wrote:

He's Vic Vinegar, and you're Hugh Honey.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    you should send all the documentation with your case to your local state rep as well as the senator, governor and whatever politician you may potentially not vote for ...

edit: oh and i would take the last part out ... that isn't gonna help one iota ...
  • pa dmv is the WORST EVER!!!!

i have never had to jump thru more hoops than with them

i once had to actually go to another state where my folks live part time (hawaii) to get a drivers license because pa refused to believe that i was a licensable citizen. when i moved home from cali i no longer had valid drivers license. i was in the "no license we wont rent to you/no proof of address we wont license you" catch 22

hawaii is all "you want a license? can you drive ok? awright bruddah here you go. :D "
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • polaris_x wrote:
    you should send all the documentation with your case to your local state rep as well as the senator, governor and whatever politician you may potentially not vote for ...

edit: oh and i would take the last part out ... that isn't gonna help one iota ...

did that too... I was just working with administrative assistants that wanted to help but were like, "the DOT is saying that you're registration was suspended."

"yeah I know... we've gone through this...."

"ok send your proof of insurance to x"

"Ok we got it... oh now you need to appeal."

"It costs $230.50 to appeal in York PA and it is non-refundable."

"Oh... guess you're out of luck. Sorry."

edit: You're probably right but I'm fucking angry. It is the truth, too. Ok I need to take a few Xanax...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    polaris_x wrote:

did that too... I was just working with administrative assistants that wanted to help but were like, "the DOT is saying that you're registration was suspended."

edit: You're probably right but I'm fucking angry. It is the truth, too. Ok I need to take a few Xanax...

I'd be more inclined now to send that original letter. Give it a shot! :D
  • Done. The letters have been sent.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

i'd be raging too ... but you're talking to people who get paid shit to do a shitty job that they don't friggin' give a rats ass about ... plus, you're dealing with a bureaucracy that is founded on stupidity rather than accountability ...

your primary concern is not to take this clusterfuck and create another one for yourself ... all it takes is for one of the aforementioned zealots to now put you on some red flag list ... meaning everytime you fly, you cross borders, you do any administrative thing - you have to be taken in and questioned for 45 mins to 3 hrs ...

your best bet is to find an advocate who actually has some pull ... hence my suggestion to try and reach your senator or whoever who is relatively high up ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    call your local state representative's office - he should have one near you. explain the situation tell them what you have done and that you need assistance from his office. If you talk rationally to your state rep's office they will help you and most likely makes calls on your behalf and get it solved.
  • best of luck bro

stick it to'em!!!
  • Contact your local media...they love story opportunities like this about the little guy in the right fighting the bureaucracy
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • ^interesting approach, i like it