snl= 2 weeks from tomorrow..do you think....

YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
edited February 2010 in The Porch
that there will be dates announced beforehand?

pissy folks please stay away, this thread is reserved for optimists who may or may not be snowed in today.

masturbatory speculation lives here.

my thinking is that they wouldn't do a show like snl if they didn't have something to promote.
also, if there's a poster sale every day next week, friday is when philly 4 goes on sale- then we're done.
too much buzz for there not to be at least a handful of dates.
it is super short notice (2 months and change) but they can afford to announce short notice dates on the east coast due to the amount of fans here and willingness of out of towners to travel here.

....saddle em up
i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My hope has been restored with the Scranton and State College rumors. I think the interesting question that no one has answered is whether we've ever received such short notice before. But even if we haven't, there's a first for everything. So, yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    A good portion of the summer is still left open...I'm hoping they start filling July and August with some hefty US dates. Uncharacteristic to do the US tour 1 year after the last album is released...it's gotta be soon now, right?
  • Black73 wrote:
    A good portion of the summer is still left open...I'm hoping they start filling July and August with some hefty US dates. Uncharacteristic to do the US tour 1 year after the last album is released...it's gotta be soon now, right?

they've been a "summer tour" band for quite a few years now, at least when it comes to the states and europe. this is the first summer since the record has been released. i'm not expecting anything as extensive as the riot act or binaural tours, but i'd be shocked if they let the summer pass with nothing.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    That's where I'm coming from...I saw them last summer "promoting" the release, but they only played a handful of new songs. If they let the summer pass, it'll essentially be a year before they do the Backspacer US Tour. I'm jonesin for another tour...bad!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am forever hopeful
    the dates will be soon
  • pandora wrote:
    I am forever hopeful
    the dates will be soon

+1.

It has been frustrating at times, but I have a feeling we're getting something in the next week or two.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    You'd have thought so long after Backspacer coming out that SNL must be to promote the often mentioned EP release. It wouldn't be that surprising if a few more dates around the same time as Jazzfest were announced but for a band who like their time off a bit more these days I'd only assume the majority of any remaining US dates would follow a quick rest after Europe and would conclude with an anniversary show. Until then we've got reissues and the Philly blueray/dvd boxset to contend with right? Don't we ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • I believe we will definitely see some additional U.S. dates in 2010 . . . just don’t know how many.

and I hope to see Unthought Known on SNL . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-Vkj_mUQ4
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I really thought that we were going to get a Tweet today- but nothing. Losing hope...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1