Stinky People

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Why won't people who stink correct the fucking problem? I work with guy who stinks and there's fuck all you can do about it, he comes and sits where I have lunch and breaks. It was so bad one time I cut my lunch short just to get away from him, and the smell lingers. Can't they smell themselves? Do they not care? Also you can't say anything, we took a harassment seminar and this was discussed, if anything were to be said to such person, by anyone and he filed a complaint then disciplinary action will be taken.

Just blows my mind that you walk around stinking and don't give a shit.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They really need to announce some tour dates soon.....

hehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    They really need to announce some tour dates soon.....

hehehehehehehehehe

That would also be nice as well.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Also you can't say anything, we took a harassment seminar and this was discussed, if anything were to be said to such person, by anyone and he filed a complaint then disciplinary action will be taken.

for telling someone they have bo you would get in trouble??

that's just sad and stupid
  • Hmm, have you talked privately to your supervisor about the issue? I really think that some people are completely unaware that there is an issue. They may not have a sense of smell, or it may be impaired. If you have a competent manager, they hopefully would be able to discuss this with the employee privately and in a sensitive way.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • norm wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Also you can't say anything, we took a harassment seminar and this was discussed, if anything were to be said to such person, by anyone and he filed a complaint then disciplinary action will be taken.

Hey norm??

you stink......
    norm wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Hey norm??

you stink......

oh yeah?!?!

well you're ugly

and i can bathe
    norm wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes it is...

• good thing about Starbucks is that you're not allowed to have B.O. since it interferes with the aroma of the coffee.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Hey norm???

you still stink.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ok :lol: ok :lol: you guys are very funny and make my day :lol:
    Hey norm???

you still stink.....

I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club

:wave:
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    This thread is the online equivalent of a stinky person sitting next to me.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • John Lennon’s Imagine:

Imagine there’s no soap left
    It’s easy if you try
    No soap below us
    None in the sky
    Imagine all the people
    Stinking up the day

You may say I’m a stinker
    But I’m not the only one
    I hope someday you will join us
    And the world can stink as one
  • My dad used to be a construction superintendent. I worked for him when he was building a new high school in the aea and an older gentleman who had worked for the company for years and years had the most awful BO in the world....atrocious!!
    So, another of the company's superintendent's had told the guy if he ever showed up at one of his jobs stinking that way again that he was going to fix him.
    Eventually, the other superintendent was on dad's job for a while because he was in between projects. So the stinky guy was there too and one day the supe told him he was fed up with the stink and he had been warned....shot a nail through his foot. I was already back in school by that point. Wild stuff though
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Norm is on fire today :lol:

Did you hear about the guy that kicked off a flight for stinking???
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I worked with a stinky girl once- she didn't "believe in" shaving her pits and maybe not using deodorant I don't know.
    We were all floral designers working at one long table it was pretty bad but she was a very nice girl really, I liked her.
    My boss and a few of the other guy designers were all gay and kept thinking it was as they put it
    "the other smell"! The other smell mind you geez- I kept trying to convince them no that was not it.
    They were some weird conversations for sure.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    let me tell you people about stinky ass mother fuckers.
    ever team drive cross country with someone who does not shower but maybe once a week?
    it is torture.
    it is hell on wheels.
    it will make you sick to your stomach.
    there is no escape.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    There is a guy I work with. We're smoking buddies, joke around with each other, and whatnot.

But.... he stinks.

I found this out when he asked me to give him a ride to and fro work for a week. Whoa, nelly, what a debacle that was.

He does not have children, does not have pets, but somehow manages to smell like a 3 day old diaper.

He must have some idea, because he overcompensates with overtly strong fabric softener.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    NORM
    Pig-Pen.gif
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    John Lennon’s Imagine:

Imagine there’s no soap left
    It’s easy if you try
    No soap below us
    None in the sky
    Imagine all the people
    Stinking up the day

You may say I’m a stinker
    But I’m not the only one
    I hope someday you will join us
    And the world can stink as one
    Nicely Done!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    some people are just natural born stinkers..... I worked with a guy, really nice and coulda had a thing for him except for the stench. It was so bad that we discussed it with the store owner and she did the hush meeting with him and told him customers had passed comment and perhaps he should try a new product. Embarrassing for all concerned, but it had to be done. When you work with some one in close areas, you need to be able to breath.

Doesn't your workplace have something in your employment agreement about personal hygiene???? :?:
    some people are just natural born stinkers..... I worked with a guy, really nice and coulda had a thing for him except for the stench. It was so bad that we discussed it with the store owner and she did the hush meeting with him and told him customers had passed comment and perhaps he should try a new product. Embarrassing for all concerned, but it had to be done. When you work with some one in close areas, you need to be able to breath.

Doesn't your workplace have something in your employment agreement about personal hygiene???? :?:
    They sure do, but the ontario human rights commission supersedes any company policy, so basically we've been told at seminars that employers have lost cases because of this very issue. Sad part is why would you want to walk around stinky, you know you smell, so therefor you know others know, must have no self esteem.

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited February 2010
    a guy I work with sometimes does not shave before he comes to work. the scruffy look looks good except when he walks by me, he smells like oily hair, like he did not shower similar to the stench people often have in the grocery store.

there's one person, their breath is so strong....I can smell it when I speak with them when I'm in their doorway at work and they are seated about 10 ft or more away at their desk.

there is nothing you can do but think about something else.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Awwwww Gawd!...You should SMELL my B.O. at the Moment!.....lol :P
  • Natural Born Stinkers.....is that the sequel to Natural Born Killers?

I heard it stinks :lol:

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Why won't people who stink correct the fucking problem? I work with guy who stinks and there's fuck all you can do about it, he comes and sits where I have lunch and breaks. It was so bad one time I cut my lunch short just to get away from him, and the smell lingers. Can't they smell themselves? Do they not care? Also you can't say anything, we took a harassment seminar and this was discussed, if anything were to be said to such person, by anyone and he filed a complaint then disciplinary action will be taken.

Just blows my mind that you walk around stinking and don't give a shit.
    i have to deal with a 'stinky' person also. sometimes it is SO bad it is nauseating! i really think some people can NOT smell themselves.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Yeah one dude at my work smells odd.
    Bad when you are near him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    My brother-in-law is the most foul smelling person I have ever come across :sick: I hate it when he comes round because if he sits on the couch his B/O permiates into the fabric and the smell lingers in the room for ages after he leaves :thumbdown:

I always wondered how his girlfriend could stand it ... that is til I met her and discovered that she's pretty stinky too!! :wtf:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,978
    tinkerbell wrote:
    My brother-in-law is the most foul smelling person I have ever come across :sick: I hate it when he comes round because if he sits on the couch his B/O permiates into the fabric and the smell lingers in the room for ages after he leaves :thumbdown:

I always wondered how his girlfriend could stand it ... that is til I met her and discovered that she's pretty stinky too!! :wtf:

if your brother-in-law has a girlfriend, he's not your brother-in-law anymore.....at least I don't think he is. :?

If this is the case, there's no need for him to be on your couch.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    imalive wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

if your brother-in-law has a girlfriend, he's not your brother-in-law anymore.....at least I don't think he is. :?

If this is the case, there's no need for him to be on your couch.

He is my partners brother so he definately is my 'in-law'.
    all you need is love, love is all you need