Joannie Rochette win bronze in figure skating

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Joannie Rochette wins bronze less than a week after her mother passes away. It's tough for anyone to loose a parent but I think its extremely tough for young olympians because I think without great parents they don't get there. Congratulations Joannie, you did a great job under the most difficult of circumstances.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skatin ... cid=rsstsn
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the only time i watch figure skating and i caught this...that was a tremendous performance under what i can only imagine to be difficult circumstances...brava! :clap::clap:
  • She skated very well, a few bobbles. However, not to take anything away from Joannie, but the young American, Mirai Nagasu, was flawless and probably should have skated away with the bronze tonight. Ah well, when you consider the short program, seven points was a lot to overcome.

Congrats Joannie :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • She skated very well, a few bobbles. However, not to take anything away from Joannie, but the young American, Mirai Nagasu, was flawless and probably should have skated away with the bronze tonight. Ah well, when you consider the short program, seven points was a lot to overcome.

I agree...

But, after losing her mother suddenly 4 days ago, she was amazing!

I agree...

But, after losing her mother suddenly 4 days ago, she was amazing!

Yeah, pretty amazing to mentally pull herself together and give her best. Really inspiring :geek:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I agree the American probably deserved better and looks like a future champion. To the American's credit she seem so happy and overjoyed with her skate and finish.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I did not watch so i can't comment on if someone else deserved it, but that is really great for that young lady. I'm sure it is bitter sweet in some ways but hopefully she can appreciate it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22