Options

Poster Question

alive03alive03 Posts: 8
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hey, I am planning on attending the West Palm show, and I would like to know how and where you find the posters at the show that have designed by Ames Bros. I always have to buy them on Ebay afterward, but would like to know if there are specific places to find them at the venues and how early you have to be. Any help is appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get there early and crash the gates when they open.

Most of the poster people will be in line about 1 hour before and waiting. There should be alot of poster talk in line and someone will be familiar with the venue and know where the merch stands are.

Once the gates open run for the 1st merch stand and get ready for the mayhem!

If you dont get there in the first 15 minutes- Good luck my friend.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    get there early & run! that's they only way i've gotten them. ;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    how early in general should one get to a show? what if i dont care about the opening act? will my seat get stolen by someone who showed up before me?
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    Get there early and crash the gates when they open.

Most of the poster people will be in line about 1 hour before and waiting. There should be alot of poster talk in line and someone will be familiar with the venue and know where the merch stands are.

Once the gates open run for the 1st merch stand and get ready for the mayhem!

If you dont get there in the first 15 minutes- Good luck my friend.

This is exactly what I was going to say. However, I should add that at the shows I went to in 2006, the Ames show-specific posters were at the merch tables with all the other merchandise, but they had the "general" posters in a booth by themselves. So make sure you're at the right booth.

wilmack88: Your seat won't get stolen because your ticket is assigned to a specific seat. If someone is sitting in your seat when you go to sit down, one of you has the wrong seat. At that point, both people have to fight until one of you is dead. I really hope this doesn't happen during the show because it's pretty distracting.

I can't give any advice as to when you should get there just to see Pearl Jam. I always get there super early to get a poster, any merchandise that may go fast and to mingle with people I haven't seen for a while. Getting there that early puts me inside long before most people, so I don't have a clue what it's like outside the venue as it gets closer to show time.
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    wilmack88 wrote:
    how early in general should one get to a show? what if i dont care about the opening act? will my seat get stolen by someone who showed up before me?
    It could happen, and it sucks, you get to your spot and there's an empty space where a chair was once bolted to the floor, and some snickering guy in a black turtleneck and ski cap is loading it into the back of his van.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    .... or just wait a few months and they'll be up in goods
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    It could happen, and it sucks, you get to your spot and there's an empty space where a chair was once bolted to the floor, and some snickering guy in a black turtleneck and ski cap is loading it into the back of his van.

ok....that made me laugh out loud. TOUCHE
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011