PJ should talk to Phish's merch people

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Phish has incredible merchandise. The quality (American Apparel) and creativity are top notch. Whether you like them or not check out their huge dry goods store and tell me it isn't a model to shoot for.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    pj Inc can learn a lot from phish Inc in generarl I think.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • old school marillion rawks
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    That is a sweet store.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOONNNNNN
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Sawyer wrote:
    Phish has incredible merchandise. The quality (American Apparel) and creativity are top notch. Whether you like them or not check out their huge dry goods store and tell me it isn't a model to shoot for.
    Plus, their posters FLIP for HUGE money!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Pearl Jam used to have good quality shirts. Then they started using shit quality and jacked up the price.
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    edited February 2010
    ^i totally agree re: shirts
    the quality has gone waaaaaaay down.

but in shirts only. the other hard goods (stash tins, water bottles, stickers, magnets, posters, vids, boots, etc) are plentiful and high quality completely rad!!!

and the other wearables like hats, hoodies etc are high quality and great fits

occasionally i have issue with their shipping (lags often) but things always arrive and in great shape. plus when i ordered some things as christmas gifts i became worried they wouldnt arrive after a serious delay in leaving the warehouse, i called and spoke with someone and they upped me to overnight shipping free of charge :D

edit to add: whoops, this diatribe is about phish merch not pj merch
    Post edited by aneutronbomb on
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Pearl Jam used to have good quality shirts. Then they started using shit quality and jacked up the price.

my 2003 fargo shirt is pretty durable.
    my 2005 winnipeg shirt looked see-through the minute I got it from the merch table. i was pretty disappointed.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    The sport specific shirts sold at last year's concerts are decent quality.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    didn't American Apparel get busted last year for hiring illegal immigrants and paying them like $1 an hour?
  • Lizard wrote:
    The sport specific shirts sold at last year's concerts are decent quality.

Agreed. The Phillies shirt is thick and good quality. The blue avocado shirt from that tour is one of the thinnest piece of shit shirts I have ever seen. It's awful that they would sell something like that for that price.
  • i prefer the thin shirts.

you guys must be fat
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status

you guys must be fat

shitty, thin fabric is shitty, thin fabric, no matter the size of the wearer. you must like your nipples pointing through your shirts, Right Said Fred.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I like thin shits too, more stylish.

you guys must be fat

shitty, thin fabric is shitty, thin fabric, no matter the size of the wearer. you must like your nipples pointing through your shirts, Right Said Fred.

its not shitty or bad quality. an american apparel style tee costs more to make than a piece of shit hanes beefy tee. the fabric is more expensive and of a much higher quality. cashmere is also soft...it must be shit quality, right?

also, as the poster above me said, the thin shirts are more stylish. my favorite PJ tees are the ames' with the concert poster designs on them. you can actually wear those out.

this thread reeks of "bro"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Thin shirts are great...way more comfy...just gotta wash in cold water and drip-dry.

Thin shirts are difficult to rock if you have man boobs.

you guys must be fat

its not shitty or bad quality. an american apparel style tee costs more to make than a piece of shit hanes beefy tee. the fabric is more expensive and of a much higher quality. cashmere is also soft...it must be shit quality, right?

also, as the poster above me said, the thin shirts are more stylish. my favorite PJ tees are the ames' with the concert poster designs on them. you can actually wear those out.

this thread reeks of "bro"

Bro? dude, take your fat jokes somewhere else. they don't apply here. at least not to me.

do you have the canadian 2005 tour shirt? do you? well the one I have is SHIT quality. the design on the front started to crack instantly, and the collar started to come away from the body of it shortly thereafter. Then a hole in the underarm. And I didn't even wear it that often, and no, I am not fat and it's not tight on me. At all. It's a piece of garbage.

Comparing the delicate nature of cashmere to the flaws of a American Apparel (or whatever mine is) T is ludicrous.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • i have 3 of th shirts from the canadian tour and they have held up pretty well. especially the one with the tree in the front.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thin shirts are great...way more comfy...just gotta wash in cold water and drip-dry.

Thin shirts are difficult to rock if you have man boobs.

thanks for the laundry tip! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • i have 3 of th shirts from the canadian tour and they have held up pretty well. especially the one with the tree in the front.

that's the one I have. and it's shyte. I knew it before I even put it on. I will say, it's the ONLY PJ clothing I've ever had a problem with. I know several others that also had that shirt, and thought the same thing.

I don't remember, what did the other T's look like?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

that's the one I have. and it's shyte. I knew it before I even put it on. I will say, it's the ONLY PJ clothing I've ever had a problem with. I know several others that also had that shirt, and thought the same thing.

I don't remember, what did the other T's look like?

one was green with the trojan horse (lost that one- real pissed about that) and one was red with a canadian flag type design up front and cities in the back. there was a white variant too
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    thunderDAN wrote:

:lol::lol: Tell us all how you make that work....When I have thin shits my walk is not the walk of someone with style.

I always thought that the thickness of the shirts was part of the style. Most of mine are thick, almost too thick, but a few, like the Reaper from the 08 tour are really thin, but the threading and stuff is solid on all of mine.
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    Oh, man...
    This is why it pays to open up threads you didn't think you were interested in at first...
    I'm cracking up hard! Guys arguing about man boobs and thin shits. This is just what I needed today. Thanks for the laughs. :D
  • Ugh, Im tired of hearing about how their merch is better than our merch and we need PJ to be more like Dave Matthews in announcing tours in advance.

The point is, we're better than both the Phish people and the Dave people. They are a bunch of yuppie wackos. If I have to hear Two Step one more time, I'm gonna lose it. At least we have a REAL band to call our own, even with inferior merchandising and poor tour execution.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd be happy with philly boots
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    thunderDAN wrote:

i don't like thin shits. i prefer thick shits.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:
    i'd be happy with philly boots

Thin boots (calfskin) or thick (rubber work boots)?