Options

Tech Support to Mods: Ticket Troubleshoot

encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I've bought tickets in the past and had problems. Could you please define what "Temporarily Unavailable" or "Out of Stock" means? I understand it to mean that the ordering process(Server) is too busy to handle my transaction. I think "Sold Out" is pretty self explanatory or does the order item usually disappear when tickets are gone.

Also, after we have the tickets in our cart is there a specific amount of time before we lose them? Several times I've had tickets in my cart and after I entered my Credit Card info & they disappeared. If there is a time limit can you specify the amount of time available? Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    I've bought tickets in the past and had problems. Could you please define what "Temporarily Unavailable" or "Out of Stock" means? I understand it to mean that the ordering process(Server) is too busy to handle my transaction. I think "Sold Out" is pretty self explanatory or does the order item usually disappear when tickets are gone.

Also, after we have the tickets in our cart is there a specific amount of time before we lose them? Several times I've had tickets in my cart and after I entered my Credit Card info & they disappeared. If there is a time limit can you specify the amount of time available? Thanks!

Good questions!! This is what I was wondering about too the last times I tried for tickets.

Please Sea, Kat, Tim...other 10c-ers, can you clarify this. Or are we just stupid and should we understand?
    Well as I am Dutch I have an excuse for not understanding english :p
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    santos making a rare easter appearance.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    Temporarily Unavailable = there are items in customer carts that have not been purchased. If they are not purchased, they will be automatically released back into general stock by our system and will be available for purchase.

If you put tickets in your cart, PLEASE BUY THEM IMMEDIATELY. This will avoid your carts being dumped automatically by the system.

SLH

What kind of time frame are we talking here? Minutes, hours, or when the user logs out without completing the purchase?

Did you find any Easter eggs today, Santos?
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    With ticketmaster I think you have a few minutes. Not sure about this system. I would assume that you have a minute or two. A few times they were deleted from my cart as I was entering the CC info. I suggest typing your credit card number then copy it. When it prompts you to enter the number just hit "Ctrl-V" or on an Mac I think it is "Apple-V". This should keep everyone flying through the ordering process and open up spots for people waiting.
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422

If you put tickets in your cart, PLEASE BUY THEM IMMEDIATELY. This will avoid your carts being dumped automatically by the system.

SLH

If it was only that easy. I've encountered, as others probably have, where you think you buy them but the system times out on you and you get zilch and have to try again.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    If it was only that easy. I've encountered, as others probably have, where you think you buy them but the system times out on you and you get zilch and have to try again.

Yep, there lies the REAL problem. The 10C site can't handle the traffic and freezes up/crashes. I've had tickets in my cart and tried to check out only to encounter a frozen screen. I haven't found a way to get out of the screen and get back to my cart and be able to check-out with tix in hand. I sent a message to the Webmaster after the EV April Fools Tour ticket fiasco but I don't know if anything was fixed - I doubt it. It seems like something on the 10C end needs a major upgrading.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    One other question -

Do you have to log in before you try for tickets in the Goods section?

I think you do, but that isn't clear in the instructions.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I would log in only to save time in the checkout process and have that much less of a chance of the freeze
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I would log in only to save time in the checkout process and have that much less of a chance of the freeze

That makes sense.

Thanks.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    nukeboot wrote:
    One other question -

Do you have to log in before you try for tickets in the Goods section?

I think you do, but that isn't clear in the instructions.

When it's busy(like with the Ed pre-sale) it'll log you out anyways. That's what happened to me. I was logged in, went to buy, and had to sign in again. Keep that in mind.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I was logged in, went to buy, and had to sign in again. Keep that in mind.

Rats!