Song "groups"

KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Good afternoon (or morning) everyone!

We all know the Mamason and Man Trilogies - songs that, for one reason or another, seem to belong together. Now, after seeing the recent "Sad vs. Unthought Known" thread and thinking that these two go together pretty nicely (and having too much time on my hands), I was inspired to think about other songs that - musically (think Yellow Ledbetter / Little Wing or Go / Animal), lyrically, thematically (maybe Light Years / Come Back), based on song titles or otherwise - could be grouped together, i.e. one could think of them being played back-to-back at a show, you have them arranged in a certain way in your iPod playlists, or whatever. Or there might even be some songs that are complete opposites of each other and fit together even more perfectly.

Not knowing if my banter makes sense to nyone, I will give you some examples that I thought of on my way to work:

- The Save Who You Are Quadrology - Save You, You, You Are, Who You Are
- The Goners - Why Go, Go, Gone, Off He Goes
- The Unknown Wishyears- Wishlist, Light Years, Unthought Known (the intros of the three have always seemed quite similar to me)

So, let's see what other people come up with!

Cheers, Kloddz
Bern - September 13, 2006
Berlin - August 15, 2009
Lisbon - July 10, 2010
Berlin - June 26, 2014
Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ever since vs came out, I found it interesting that go and why go pretty much have an identical drum beat(to tie them together). Even though go is supposed to be about Ed's old pick up truck, possible connection?
    "I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I always have Go, Untitled, MFC, and RVM grouped together...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Jennytree wrote:
    I always have Go, Untitled, MFC, and RVM grouped together...
    Untitled - MFC seems clear, and MFC and RVM sound similar to mee, too... Care to elaborate on how Go fits the sequence?
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    I started working on a list of songs that transition nicely into each other. Sadly, I got 5 songs into it and decided to just listen to the music instead...

Lukin into Not for You into Oceans transitions very nicely instrumentally.

Whipping into Rearviewmirror also goes well.

That's as far as I got.
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • GS163319GS163319 Posts: 132
    musicman wrote:
    Ever since vs came out, I found it interesting that go and why go pretty much have an identical drum beat(to tie them together). Even though go is supposed to be about Ed's old pick up truck, possible connection?

Go is about a lot more than just the truck...

I still don't see how it necessarily fits with RVM and Untitled.
  • Ive always grouped the "mans" together, probably because of them being played in a row @ Wachovia 05:
    Betterman, Nothingman, Leatherman.
    Ive also always wondered who would win in a street fight between these 3 and Dirty Frank
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me