boring people

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A guy has had a meeting with us this morning and i know he's roughly my age... about mid 30s anyway... and yet he was so utterly boring I couldnt believe it.. he even wore one of these

ElbowPatch4_edited.jpg

and he is just so boring. It's hard to describe but he was one of those work people that you could tell he got quite excited about some new software feature or some new tender that was coming in.. while i was talking to him all i had was an overwhelming urge to just pretend I was falling asleep. He even has a really boring monotone way of speaking...

anyone else work with other people like this?
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I would reply but I got bored half way through reading your post ;)

I jest :)

I know quite a few boring people actually. One woman I work with is boring as hell but totally neurotic... All she talks about is her daughter and worrying about said daughter... oh and she speaks in a really high pitched kind of way... makes my eye twitch.

She doesn't wear a blazer with elbow patches though... if she did she might be a little more interesting :|
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I love boring people. It makes me appear an extremely exciting person.

This guy obviously needs to get his end away. :geek:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Boring people are boring. That's all I'm saying. :|
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I like chicken tenders..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    One time in the bus I had the "privilege" to overhear a discussion about food. It was all good until the other lady involved in the conversation listed all the different kinds of soups she likes. :wtf:

It was one of the most boring things I've ever heard. Not even any reasons as to why she likes this-or-that soup, just the soups. The list seemed endless. :shock: I was so bored I couldn't not listen. :|
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    dunkman wrote:
    A guy has had a meeting with us this morning and i know he's roughly my age... about mid 30s anyway... and yet he was so utterly boring I couldnt believe it.. he even wore one of these

ElbowPatch4_edited.jpg

and he is just so boring. It's hard to describe but he was one of those work people that you could tell he got quite excited about some new software feature or some new tender that was coming in.. while i was talking to him all i had was an overwhelming urge to just pretend I was falling asleep. He even has a really boring monotone way of speaking...

anyone else work with other people like this?

MY GAWD!! Didn't they stop wearing those in the 70's.... I'm thinking Monty Python here! But at least The Monty Python guys were entertaining.
  • eMMI wrote:
    One time in the bus I had the "privilege" to overhear a discussion about food. It was all good until the other lady involved in the conversation listed all the different kinds of soups she likes. :wtf:

It was one of the most boring things I've ever heard. Not even any reasons as to why she likes this-or-that soup, just the soups. The list seemed endless. :shock: I was so bored I couldn't not listen. :|

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp jumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.... that's about it.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Abe_Froman wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp jumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.... that's about it.
    Shouldn't you be talking about sausage related dishes?
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Actual conversation overheard at the Grand Canyon (we were on a little shuttle that takes you from the touristy/hotel area at the southern rim to a more remote location about a mile away, with a few stops along the way to get off if you want to)

Lady, with a big southern accent, to her companion, as we turned around a corner to see yet another magnificent view of the GC:

"See, it's all just more of the same...it's just rocks. I don't see what the big deal is. It's all just more of the same, really."

Needless to say me and my girlfriend got off at the next stop, which was essential for me to avoid smacking this "thing" upside the head.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • i'm a junkie! The only thing that gets me going is stuff that is illegal or very taboo. People aren't boring... LIFE is boring!

So I do rock climbing, sky diving, dodgeball (yes... dodgeball), tree climbing, and other weird stuff to get the endorphins swimming around in my blood... and stay out of jail and with a job.

Everything else seems kinda mundane to me anymore... I did all the crazy shit when I was young and now I have nothing else to look forward to. :(
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i'm a junkie! The only thing that gets me going is stuff that is illegal or very taboo. People aren't boring... LIFE is boring!

So I do rock climbing, sky diving, dodgeball (yes... dodgeball), tree climbing, and other weird stuff to get the endorphins swimming around in my blood... and stay out of jail and with a job.

Everything else seems kinda mundane to me anymore... I did all the crazy shit when I was young and now I have nothing else to look forward to. :(
    you have pearl jam tour and related goodies announcement to look forward to :D
  • pandora wrote:

True! I should pay more attention... I guess I'll go over to the Porch to get caught up on the rumors!

It has been years since I have seen multiple shows... last year I only saw one show and none since 2006.

So... this year I am taking a week or two to follow them around this country or whatever other country they are playing in. I deserve it, dammit.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I see boring people everywhere. I have a 7th sense...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Most people bore me....I very rarely meet people with whom I want to spend prolonged periods of time
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    pandora wrote:

True! I should pay more attention... I guess I'll go over to the Porch to get caught up on the rumors!

It has been years since I have seen multiple shows... last year I only saw one show and none since 2006.

So... this year I am taking a week or two to follow them around this country or whatever other country they are playing in. I deserve it, dammit.
    Good for you! I want to do the same- follow in my hippie van :D its kind of a dream though what with a business to run- could close for a week or two though 8-) Put the banner up "CLOSED FOR PEARL JAM HOLIDAY!"
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    If I meet a boring person, I try really hard to find them interesting, which probably makes me boring too. :?
    Claireack wrote:
    If I meet a boring person, I try really hard to find them interesting, which probably makes me boring too. :?
    actually that makes you a nice caring person not boring
    I don't know about boring people- I usually just listen and take it in but
    these times are boring- it must be the waiting
    if I had nothing to wait for would I be so bored? I think not.