its a bit sad

jamingjamersjamingjamers Posts: 383
edited February 2010 in The Porch
its a bit sad that if you say something critical about pearl jam on a thread you get abused :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    most of these people are naturally gonna disagree. such is life on the interwebulars.
  • i love them as well :D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    brett0400 wrote:
    its a bit sad that if you say something critical about pearl jam on a thread you get abused :?
    or the thread gets locked, and thats that.
    edited February 2010
    it's saaaaaaaaaad
    and his holinesssss is prooooooffffffff
    it's saaaaaaaad
    he could only loooove yooou
    it's saaaaaaaad
    Post edited by doom_pony on
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited February 2010
    The door swings to a passing fable
    A fate we may delay
    We say... holding on...delivered in our own brace
    he lit a match, he laid in bed
    hoping their dreams will bring her back, it's sad
    and his loneliness is cruel, it's sad
    he could only love you, it's sad
    Post edited by Wilds on
    holding his laaaaast breath, belieeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeving
    he'll make his waaaaaaaay
    but she's not forgoooooootteeeeeeeeen
    he's haaaaaaaaaaunted
    he's searching for escaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaaaaape

*air guitar solo*
    "This next song is a lost dog" - EV 7/10/2006 The Forum Los Angeles, CA :mrgreen: :thumbup: :wave:
    that song is so good.. i wish i was listening to it RIGHT NOW... *tilts head back and drools*
    I had the same thought, so I played my Forum show and the studio version back to back.

Now 'Down' is playing. I fucking love this song. The boys certainly like to play down far more than they play Sad.

Down makes me feel totally up!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,809
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVTWdc8HL8

rather listen to these guys
    I miss igotid88
    you'd rather listen to pearl jam than read us posting lyrics?

how rude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=413vE6TAhWQ
    Wilds wrote:
    I had the same thought, so I played my Forum show and the studio version back to back.

Now 'Down' is playing. I fucking love this song. The boys certainly like to play down far more than they play Sad.

Down makes me feel totally up!

i informed my flatmate that i had an earworm that needed feeding and muted the tv to indulge my insane tooth for 3 and a half minutes...

i'm all about hold on now too... since i saw it live... and i realised... wow.. rare live performance for little old auckland
    doompony wrote:

how rude!

deal with it.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    doompony wrote:

how rude!

deal with it.

no.

i wont.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    brett0400 wrote:

fuck em
    doompony wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    doompony wrote:

how rude!

deal with it.

no.

i wont.

okay
    I miss igotid88
    :D
    igotid88 wrote:

right on!!!!
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

right on!!!!

first sign of insanity...
  • duh! its a pearl jam website.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    You can always post your critisism on another forum/ faceache, but this is the fan club, so.........ofcourse you are complaining to the wrong people.
    Have a nice day :D
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited February 2010
    this is my favorite version of this song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0xCKW7oP-U ....it makes me cry just like that night...yea...I am a silly billy
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Evacuation sucks
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    igotid88 wrote:

Oh just love that song
    "hoping dreams would bring her baaaccckkkk"
    now its in my head for the day
    thank you
    this is probably why saying bad shit about the band doesn't go over so well
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    Yeah, some people were totally flat out rude to Brett0400 for his comments on PJ "losing it" (the "2003 and before" thread the he created). Everyone hears and sees things differently...it's MUSIC, which is ART, which means it's totally open to interpretation. We all know that. Personally, I was just hoping Brett0400 would give some detailed reasons WHY he thought PJ was losing it.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
    jwagner wrote:
    Yeah, some people were totally flat out rude to Brett0400 for his comments on PJ "losing it" (the "2003 and before" thread the he created). Everyone hears and sees things differently...it's MUSIC, which is ART, which means it's totally open to interpretation. We all know that. Personally, I was just hoping Brett0400 would give some detailed reasons WHY he thought PJ was losing it.

Some people were a bit rude, but I think in terms of Brett0400's case he kind of deserved it.

Now I didn't criticize him at the time, but I remember reading what he wrote and thinking to myself 'What a dumbass'. When I read something that I think is stupid, not well thought out, or deserving of a bitch slap, I just chuckle to myself and move on. Some people don't take that high road, and then feelings get hurt.

Here is what Brett 0400 had to say:
    brett0400 wrote:
    ive listended to a lot of live bootlegs
    they are losing it folks
    sorry
    2003 and before

In this case it is obvious that people are not going to let that pass without a curt response.

Here is how I would have phrased my opinion if I was Brett.

'I've been listening to a lot of live bootlegs. It seems as if the band was much (tighter, and Eddie's voice was much stronger, and the physical bootlegs were mixed better, and the production value of those boots was superior to the ones produced today. ) What do you guys think?'

That would have created some positive dialogue and a worthy discussion.

Here is what Brett should have said in this thread.
    brett9400 wrote:
    its a bit sad that if you say something 'STUPID' about pearl jam on a thread you get abused :?

Because that is more accurate to this situation. Be critical, but do it in a respectful, thought out, well worded mannner, with substance. And then you won't be abused.

Or at least if you are abused at that point you would have a valid reason to be sore.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    i'm all about hold on now too... since i saw it live... and i realised... wow.. rare live performance for little old auckland
    Unbelievably, I heard people complaining that ths song was a real low point at the show?! Huh?!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    brett0400 wrote:

no shit! You have a right to free speech.. unless your dumb enough to actually TRY IT :D I generally have no issues with muh boys but if you literally say something even slightly different that "pearl jam is the shit" you get chastised .. I mean i understand some people are pretty belligerent but.. even people with valid points who do it respectively get shit on.. Pretty fucked up considering we gotta pay to even post here these days..
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    duh! its a pearl jam website.

So what... Baseball fans arn't allowed to boo their own team once in awhile? Same difference if you ask me :D I personally see more people bashing 10c practices more so than pearl jam as human beings or artists ..
  • duh! its a pearl jam website.

So what... Baseball fans arn't allowed to boo their own team once in awhile? Same difference if you ask me :D I personally see more people bashing 10c practices more so than pearl jam as human beings or artists ..

Re: Sad - I hope this song wins the bracket, after Immortality was defeated by 1 freakin vote.

Re: criticizing. I can't criticize PJ for about a year or so, after I won 2nd row lottery on 10/27. (kind of like I have 3 1/2 years to go to complain about the Phillies following the 2008 championship). Constructive criticism of someone else's complaining is fine. Abuse is not supposed to happen anywhere on the forum, isn't it?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16