freaky pull pig

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/200901A50.html

the most frightening thing i've seen on antique roadshow. look how much that fucker is valued at!

wa200901A50_00.jpg

and its mouth moves when you pull it :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wa200901A50_01.jpg
    $2500 for this shit?? :lol:
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    ya know, if I had a shit ton of money, I would buy that.
    serious.
    that is fucked up, and I want it ! :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Rollerpig!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    2500?!?! does it do anything? like crap bacon or something?? :?
  • the wolf wrote:
    serious.
    i'd want to install a remote control in it so i can send it chasing after people in the park :D

but really, i'd have nightmares if i owned that as a child! someone at the roadshow twitter page called it 'pulled pork' :lol:
    the wolf wrote:
    serious.
    i'd want to install a remote control in it so i can send it chasing after people in the park :D

but really, i'd have nightmares if i owned that as a child! someone at the roadshow twitter page called it 'pulled pork' :lol:

Pulled pork ! awesome !! :lol:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • it just fascinates me (and i don't feel like working lol). can you envision the factory where they made these? like hundreds of them lined up? eeek
  • norm wrote:
    2500?!?! does it do anything? like crap bacon or something?? :?
    the mouth moves. i think that was it. doesn't even wag a tail or anything lol
    wheels???

why wheels?

this whole thing is very disturbing :?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I wonder if it's any relation to Spider Pig...

!!!!!spiderpig.gif
  • norm wrote:
    wheels???

why wheels?

so you can pull it around and scare other children, ensuring therapy for years to come. duh :mrgreen:
    when i saw this on the air i was giggling really hard for minutes afterwards, it's just so weird
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    what.....the fuck? :|
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    norm wrote:

exactly ! and that is why I must own one !!
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    ok so it's starting to make a little sense to me now...it comes from germany...no offense to any german, but the fuck is up with you people?? this is a toy????
  • That thing would give me nightmares :?

Was it the movie "The Hotel New Hampshire" where they had a stuffed dog on wheels???
    here's the transcript from the show which reading it makes me laugh even more :lol::lol:

GUEST: I found this pig about 25 years ago.

APPRAISER: Uh-huh.

GUEST: And I found it in an antique junk shop and collectibles. And I had to have it. I just couldn't resist.

APPRAISER: And what did you pay for it?

GUEST: It was around $200. Which was a lot of money for me 25 years ago. But I thought myself, it's really a unique object. I had never seen anything like it.

APPRAISER: Well, nothing is unique in our business, but...

GUEST: Unusual.

APPRAISER:...sometimes you see something you've never seen before.

GUEST: Right.

APPRAISER: And I must say, I've never seen this before. It's generically a pull toy.

APPRAISER: Cast-iron wheels, and probably made in Germany.

GUEST: Okay.

APPRAISER: Probably made around 1895 to 1910. Most pull toys you see from Germany are, like, horses. Right. They're about this big, little wooden platforms. Sometimes a lamb; lambs are very popular.

APPRAISER: Goats are very, very popular. You seldom see pigs, and you seldom see platform toys this big.

APPRAISER: So, I mean, this is really exciting. Plus, you seldom find them so cute and so animated.

APPRAISER: So, push him over here. (oinks) And listen to him, and you see his mouth go. I mean, this guy is really a little charmer. Glass eyes, painted papier-mâché snout and teeth. It's got this incredible action and just absolute charm. My hunch is at auction this could easily bring $2,000 to $2,500.

GUEST: Perfect. (laughs)

APPRAISER: I mean, I think he's just a winner. Thanks for bringing him in.

GUEST: Oh, thank you. I really appreciate it.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    here's the transcript from the show which reading it makes me laugh even more :lol::lol:

GUEST: I found this pig about 25 years ago.

APPRAISER: Uh-huh.

GUEST: And I found it in an antique junk shop and collectibles. And I had to have it. I just couldn't resist.

APPRAISER: And what did you pay for it?

GUEST: It was around $200. Which was a lot of money for me 25 years ago. But I thought myself, it's really a unique object. I had never seen anything like it.

APPRAISER: Well, nothing is unique in our business, but...

GUEST: Unusual.

APPRAISER:...sometimes you see something you've never seen before.

APPRAISER: And I must say, I've never seen this before. It's generically a pull toy.

APPRAISER: Cast-iron wheels, and probably made in Germany.

GUEST: Okay.

APPRAISER: Probably made around 1895 to 1910. Most pull toys you see from Germany are, like, horses. Right. They're about this big, little wooden platforms. Sometimes a lamb; lambs are very popular.

APPRAISER: Goats are very, very popular. You seldom see pigs, and you seldom see platform toys this big.

APPRAISER: So, I mean, this is really exciting. Plus, you seldom find them so cute and so animated.

APPRAISER: So, push him over here. (oinks) And listen to him, and you see his mouth go. I mean, this guy is really a little charmer. Glass eyes, painted papier-mâché snout and teeth. It's got this incredible action and just absolute charm. My hunch is at auction this could easily bring $2,000 to $2,500.

GUEST: Perfect. (laughs)

APPRAISER: I mean, I think he's just a winner. Thanks for bringing him in.

GUEST: Oh, thank you. I really appreciate it.

I think that appraiser is going to take it home and do some "Deliverance" with it...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I think that appraiser is going to take it home and do some "Deliverance" with it...
    well he did call it a little charmer with incredible action. appraiser is smitten :lol:

i think the toy is fantastic. if i see it at a yard sale for $5 i'm SO getting it lol
    well he did call it a little charmer with incredible action. appraiser is smitten :lol:

um yeah that guy...um yeah :wtf:
    i think the toy is fantastic. if i see it at a yard sale for $5 i'm SO getting it lol

might want to warn anyone coming over to your place about the 'pig on wheels'...people might think you're weird...or weirder ;) :P :lol:
  • 2 pages into this thread any nobody has made the "pulled pork" line yet.

Edit: I guess Im more illiterate than Charlie Kelly! It was mentioned.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • norm wrote:
    um yeah that guy...um yeah :wtf:
    yeah watching him was a little awkward, he was REALLY excited about the pig. well not like 'obviously' excited but yeah lol
    might want to warn anyone coming over to your place about the 'pig on wheels'...people might think you're weird...or weirder ;) :P :lol:
    heehee it's common knowledge, it's at your own risk when it comes to anything with me :lol:
  • Just felt like bumping this in honor of Antique Roadshow being on tonight.

And wanting to freak out more people with the pull pig :twisted: muahaha
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    it's animated too?!? that is just creepy...almost like someone who couldn't bear the loss of their pet and had it taxidermied to preserve it 'forever'.......poor Wilbur.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWvC3p4b_2N53Bfsdq26G5SYslvR_duqBy3nbTsTpo4yh59pIR2A
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless