Why not just do an acoustic US tour?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Do they seriously need drums??? Hire McConaughey to play the bongos!

:lol::lol: :P :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :lol::lol::lol:

i'd be down for that...but ya still need drums!....hello Mr. Finn?

The Acoustic Tour, will be announced next week........

Trust me on this......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • It would be intriguing to say the least.

Trust me on this......

:lol::lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :lol::lol::lol:

Trust me on this......
    Would Love this, a N.Y. benaroya. Love Liam!!! ( in Arnold Schwartzanagger voice) "DO IT, DO IT NOW" "I'M RIGHT HERE, PLAY FOR ME"!!! :ugeek:

Trust me on this......
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    because it would be too awesome
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Cause they're an f'n rock band
  • I hope I'm not too far off-topic...

But when the Foo Fighters did an accoustic tour a couple years ago, tixx were impossible to come by. And somehow, they went from 4 members to 8 in playing accoustic sets; very strange. I did enjoy some of the songs they made on the "accoustic disc" of In Your Honor.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i'm pretty sure there are a few drummers out there who would do ok

seeing that they're been IN pearl jam before ;)

or just grab someone from the tribute bands...
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    not a fan of pearl jam and all acoustic sets. i don't know what it is, but i can't get into them... benaroya, boston 3/03, unplugged... they all get the least amount of play (if any) on my ipod.
    ironically, ed alone on acoustic sounds awesome.
    not a fan of pearl jam and all acoustic sets. i don't know what it is, but i can't get into them... benaroya, boston 3/03, unplugged... they all get the least amount of play (if any) on my ipod.
    ironically, ed alone on acoustic sounds awesome.

strange... especially since you like Ed's acoustic

benaroya and the mansfield experiment are what helped me bring my wife over to the dark side ;)
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Whaaaa? Boston 3/03? Mansfield? July 11, 2003? THAT looks acoustic!
    Tour shows they were in Japan March 2003? Someone edjukate me?

Santa Barbara '06 -- then wasn't Krakow or Hamburg a rather acoustic set? kadowice? Got those....

Nah' for 20-year they're not ready for the whole acoustic thang, lets' put that off a few more years.

But more Eddie please, my Dad's getting old and it's not like I'll be able to drag him around Europe further down the road.... What with JJ in Europe, I thought fo shore!
    [sic] happens
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I hope I'm not too far off-topic...

But when the Foo Fighters did an accoustic tour a couple years ago, tixx were impossible to come by. And somehow, they went from 4 members to 8 in playing accoustic sets; very strange. I did enjoy some of the songs they made on the "accoustic disc" of In Your Honor.

I saw several of the Afoostic shows.....the songs sounded great, and Dave conveyed several clever anticdotes!

They added a keyboard player, a violinist, a percussionist, and Pat Smear on guitar.

I saw the Foos do a private corporate gig in Las Vegas last week.....their live show has gotten a bit stale!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594

That was a good tour. Saw it here at Oakland Coliseum.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    An Accoustic "NO" Drums version of 'BLOOD"...I think I can handle that! lol... :P
  • No thanks, let's leave a PJ accoustic tour for a time when all our ears are ruined and we can no longer rock out.

Supersonic, gotta feel it now
    I need to hear it, need to feel it loud yeh
    Supersonic, truth be told
    I wanna live my life with the volume full
  • I'd go.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • hmmmm......I'm a HUGE fan of acoustic shows. But for some reason.....I don't know.....I'm hesitant to jump on this wagon. I LOVE PJ electric. I love Benaroya, and Unplugged, but I just love this band with full energy.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • It's clear there has been a shift towards more profitable gigs/tours and money in general. An acoustic theater tour doesn't stand to make them very much money. It was all well and good for Ed but I couldn't see the whole band going for it.
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    If pearl jam did an accoustic tour of smaller venues...I think the tickets would be over one c note per ticket..

Jeremy
  • If pearl jam did an accoustic tour of smaller venues...I think the tickets would be over one c note per ticket..

Jeremy

Very true. If they did an acoustic tour in venues like Eddie did his solo shows they could rake in a BIG flow from a small amount of tickets. Idiots would pay a LOT for those tickets and those idiots would get a hell of a show. I'd like to be one of the idiots. I love the energy of a full blown PJ show, but an all acoustic tour would be AMAZING.

I just hope people wouldn't yell when they're not supposed to. Acoustic shows have rules, bro.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573

Dave Grohl should tour with PJ if Matt is unavailable because of Soundgarden duties. 2nd favorite drummer alive.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,705

or just grab someone from the tribute bands...
    1304_main.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
    No thanks, let's leave a PJ accoustic tour for a time when all our ears are ruined and we can no longer rock out.

Supersonic, gotta feel it now
    I need to hear it, need to feel it loud yeh
    Supersonic, truth be told
    I wanna live my life with the volume full

sounds like The Who may be done due to Pete's tinnitus

sad
    acutejam wrote:
    Whaaaa? Boston 3/03? Mansfield? July 11, 2003? THAT looks acoustic!
    Tour shows they were in Japan March 2003? Someone edjukate me?

Santa Barbara '06 -- then wasn't Krakow or Hamburg a rather acoustic set? kadowice? Got those....

Nah' for 20-year they're not ready for the whole acoustic thang, lets' put that off a few more years.

But more Eddie please, my Dad's getting old and it's not like I'll be able to drag him around Europe further down the road.... What with JJ in Europe, I thought fo shore!

opening set of July 11, 2003